Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

8 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

He will have fun at Duke or North Carolina in a couple of years in my opinion 

My biggest fear. This Celtics team’s any great. The fans aren’t thrilled with him. There’s talk he’s lost the team. It just doesn’t seem like a great situation for him. 

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So you don't think every coach in college basketball curses.  I had a baseball coach when I was 13 that would yell and cuss at players.

Good fu--ing grief. 

It has nothing with cussing. I don't give a rat's fu--ing a-s if a coach cusses. When you're a college coach -- or any coach, for that matter -- going through a handshake line calling an opposing player an assh-ole is absolutely fu--ing moronic. 

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

My basketball junkie kid has seen North Texas play--and no, Uspshoosier is not my kid :)

He thinks North Texas has a real chance against Purdue.

If Purdue lost and we got news during the game that would be, well.............................................................

Your kid has some high basketball IQ.

Maybe that geezer [mention=1508]HoosierAloha[/mention] was right, our administration will always mess it up

Me and right aren’t mentioned often. I’ll hold my thoughts on this situation and hope our admin can land an upper tier coach. The step after that will be letting them do their job.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I hope you are not paying their tuition.  I told both of my kids that they can go to any university named Indiana University, otherwise, they can enjoy early adulthood with a load of student debt.

They are both getting highly specialized science degrees with 100% job placement.  Although I would have loved IU, there is always grad school.  And the school truly needs a new president who values the state and the school. 

Oh boy.. Celtics twitter is going in on Brad right now.

Look up the latest tweets involving "Brad Stevens".
Good i wish nothing but the worst to him. I am joking I only hope we make a great hire and our coach becomes a legend while brad never wins a championship at any major level of basketball

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Jet812 said:

What you drinking?

You didn’t ask me but I’m a bourbon guy so gonna answer: poured a stagg jr (fall ‘20 release), an ORVW10, and a Weller Full Proof!

2 minutes ago, IndyFife said:

They are both getting highly specialized science degrees with 100% job placement.  Although I would have loved IU, there is always grad school.  And the school truly needs a new president who values the state and the school. 

Amen to that.  IU needs a new president.

I really don’t think he will come back to college, but after today, what the hell do I know....
Its ok. Thanks for sharing your information please don't listen to negative posters

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

You're right, but that would destroy recruiting, wouldn't it? 

Depends on who the interim coach is I suppose. No doubt it would have an impact, but as many have said here, I'd rather have players that want to come to IU, than ones we have to coddle their egos, and pamper them. With proper coaching I think Leal, Geronimo, Galloway, and Lander will be REALLY good.

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

Depends on who the interim coach is I suppose. No doubt it would have an impact, but as many have said here, I'd rather have players that want to come to IU, than ones we have to coddle their egos, and pamper them. With proper coaching I think Leal, Geronimo, Galloway, and Lander will be REALLY good.

Leal and Galloway have said they’re staying, but there’s no guarantee the others will be here. Which is disappointing, because both have tremendous upside.