Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

This year it could work to our advantage, depending on who leaves.  Lots of players will be available as transfers and the new coach may need to grab a few that fit his system.

Hopefully that’s the case, but having been a student at IU during the Sampson saga I feel the PTSD creeping up.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m not above it. I’m rooting for Brad to fail now. Not very mature of me. I’ve been scorned. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

He will have fun at Duke or North Carolina in a couple of years in my opinion 

OK, I've had a bourbon (or 3-4) and some dinner, and the raw emotion has worn off.  Still going to hold a glimmer of hope, this wouldn't be the first time a coach straight out lied about not taking a new job.  But more realistically, we're on to the next option.  I know we all have out opinions of who that should be, I certainly have mine, but none of them matter.  Dolson is going to get who he can that he feels is the best option available.  I'm a lifelong Hoosier fan and regardless of who the coach is I will cheer for our team and players.

Nothing says we can't have an "interim" coach for a while, even a year.

Not saying we should, but if plan B & C don't work out, then it might make sense to wait another year.

As an NBA guy.. The Celtics roster was beyond terrible at the start of the season.

It looks like the boys are lost right now. You know what happens next right? A player asks for a trade in the off-season. Tatum or Brown is going to leave and the Celtics are going to be screwed. 

It's a players league. 

2 minutes ago, IndyFife said:

My kid is a Purdue athlete and my other kid may be a Kentucky athlete next year.  At this stage, I’m just looking for a reason to be a fan somewhere else. If it weren’t so funny, I’d cry.

I hope you are not paying their tuition.  I told both of my kids that they can go to any university named Indiana University, otherwise, they can enjoy early adulthood with a load of student debt.

Just now, Treesh said:

As an NBA guy.. The Celtics roster was beyond terrible at the start of the season.

It looks like the boys are lost right now. You know what happens next right? A player asks for a trade in the off-season. Tatum or Brown is going to leave and the Celtics are going to be screwed. 

It's a players league. 

Lol.  They think we should up our offer.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2064249&start=460

5 minutes ago, HoosierTownie said:

OK, I've had a bourbon (or 3-4) and some dinner, and the raw emotion has worn off.  Still going to hold a glimmer of hope, this wouldn't be the first time a coach straight out lied about not taking a new job.  But more realistically, we're on to the next option.  I know we all have out opinions of who that should be, I certainly have mine, but none of them matter.  Dolson is going to get who he can that he feels is the best option available.  I'm a lifelong Hoosier fan and regardless of who the coach is I will cheer for our team and players.

What you drinking?

58 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I can't speak for others -- I'm not sure I even know their language -- but even if Stevens were at IU and did this, it would bother me. I just think a coach at a major university should be above this behavior. 

So you don't think every coach in college basketball curses.  I had a baseball coach when I was 13 that would yell and cuss at players.

4 minutes ago, DWB said:

Nothing says we can't have an "interim" coach for a while, even a year.

Not saying we should, but if plan B & C don't work out, then it might make sense to wait another year.

You're right, but that would destroy recruiting, wouldn't it?