Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

My biggest concern with this falling apart is I’m truly worried that our roster has massive turnover. 

Even our boys wanted Stevens! LOL

Yeah, I could see some announcements coming early next week. 

9 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I didn’t hide your post, but I will respond. What you don’t like doesn’t matter just to put it bluntly, if your posts needs hidden it will be hidden. If you don’t like it message a mod. 

Don’t you worry my friend.  That is EXACTLY what I will do in the future.  I’m sorry, should that have been sent in a message?

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

I miss Walking Boot. I don't think he liked me as I hated Crean LMAO!

In all honesty, I think Archie is going to be off this year anyways. He'll make more money now then he will again so he should just collect the checks and visit teams throughout this year, similar to Crean's year off.  I could see him looking into the Marquette job however.

I hope Scott had a good idea of who would come when firing Archie. Yeah our fan base would be pissed if Archie was still around in the summer but hey, we very may well strike out again and be stuck with an Alford level guy. 

I'm far more concerned with Dolson having to convince whoever else to take the job knowing they are at best the 2nd choice. And judging by this thread's reaction some of us will likely be disappointed with whoever the hire will be, no matter how good it is. That's unfortunate, but likely the reality in today's social media and 24 hour news cycle world.

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

I’m starting to think the booster is just beyond loaded and wanted to blow $10 million without a care who the next coach is. 

Seems like a waste of money but hey, I don’t have that money so. 

Having Archie gone  is worth it

15 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

My wife just cheered for Purdue, does anyone know any good divorce attorneys?

My kid is a Purdue athlete and my other kid may be a Kentucky athlete next year.  At this stage, I’m just looking for a reason to be a fan somewhere else. If it weren’t so funny, I’d cry.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Having Archie gone  is worth it

Yeah, disagreed. Treading water for a year until you have an A+ hire lined up could have ended up being a better option. The floor is very low now for the next couple years depending on who the hire is and what sort of turnover we see on the roster.

Edit: Not saying this is what is going to happen. Just saying the immediate downside is much greater if you're now working down a list of guys that aren't your first choice.

Edited by FightFor6

Just now, Bigred3588 said:

I hope to god this isn’t the case. We could be looking at a Crean-era type of rebuild with this year’s transfer rules.

This year it could work to our advantage, depending on who leaves.  Lots of players will be available as transfers and the new coach may need to grab a few that fit his system.

Call Stromboli. The one stop shop for all moderation and divorce needs. 100% successful divorce rate. 

My wife is a Purdue fan. And yes I knew that going into it. IU hasn’t beaten Purdue since we started dating April of 2016. I told her if IU doesn’t win next year, I’ll have to do what’s necessary. I really hope I’m not calling you next year at this time. Not because I don’t love my wife, but because I love IU and can’t take anymore losses to that team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk