Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

I've been offline for a few hours...anything exciting happen? 

ok...just kidding....heartbroken too, but 007 and 0708 are still credible....something fell apart and it sounds like Brad leveraged the offer for a raise (granted there's about 20 pages I haven't read through yet so that could be wrong....

On to the next

There was talk of a golf course at some point? 

No, seriously.

49 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

I agree and that's why I'm skeptical that he was actually given a raise. Ainge just gave him one and an extension last year. This year, they aren't performing, fans are pissed at both Brad and Ainge and he responds with another raise to keep him? Ainge just handcuffed the rest of his exec career to Brad. He's all in on Brad (if the raise actually happened). 

Could you imagine if Dolson gave Archie a raise this past Monday instead of letting him go?

Yep, I'm not buying the raise either. Sounds like something made up to explain what when wrong.

So it's probably 1 of the following possibilities:

1. Maybe the undisclosed terms of the extension gave him more of a raise than thought. I assumed he's now in the $4-5 million range. Maybe it's actually more so the $7-8 million offer that has been rumored want as big of a raise as thought.

2. Maybe the offer wasn't as high as thought.

3. Maybe even a big raise wasn't enough to convince Stevens to go back to coaching college. Even if he gets fired from Boston another NBA team will ****** him up. (This is my guess.)

4. Maybe Stevens said no to IU a while ago and the info people have been receiving have actually been in regards to someone unknown and was mistakenly associated with Stevens.

There are more possibilities other than a raise, I'm sure, but there are what I can quickly think of off the top of my head.

Everything here was hearsay
My point in asking was that if we haven't seen anything concrete either way then what is to say that this statement by Stevens wasn't the necessary plan to get to June. That is the only way he finishes the season like he might want to so it doesn't look like he is just bailing out. I'm reaching...I know.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

Someone who hasn't flamed out at his two P5 stops. The recruits parents are the only people who can recall that Alford went to IU so I'm not convinced he would suddenly have far more success coaching his alma mater. Even ignoring the Pierre Pierce situation at Iowa, his resume doesn't scream "we need that guy". You are certainly not alone, I just can't get behind the Alford push.
If Alford never played for IU, people would loudly say H*** NO based on his record

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Yeah, you are hearing what you want.  He just isn’t that into you.  Accept it.

I'm gonna go head and hold out some hope..might as well, what else I got to do right now?

"It wouldn't be a challenge if they all just fell over ...."    movie line.

3 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Wanting Archie back isn't a troll?

I've talked extensively that keeping Archie in order for us to find the right coach within the next year should be the ideology. We fire Archie too soon then miss out on a home-run maybe next season.

Why not discuss the job with Brad once their season concludes? Etc., 

We couldn't land a big fish four years ago. I'm on the boat of saying that won't change this year. Lateral move at best. I think we'll circle back to a CTC level candidate. 

Just now, mdiu28 said:

People have deluded themselves into believing that if an IU guy just came home they'd all of a sudden be good at coaching.

Get an IU guy on the bench, fine. But the head job? That needs to be earned. 

Isn't it worth a phuqqn try at this point?  Seriously.