Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm 99.99999999999% sure the Celtics would have to publicly announce a change to his contract terms. Not the actual terms, but that they renegotiated his deal. 

On the other point, Wyc and Danny don't care what the fans think as far as the coach. I dont mean they don't care about fans, but they don't operate by fan pressure. They never have. They love Stevens and were always going to try and keep him. 

You were clear about that days ago. 

I'm 99.99999999999% sure the Celtics would have to publicly announce a change to his contract terms. Not the actual terms, but that they renegotiated his deal. 
On the other point, Wyc and Danny don't care what the fans think as far as the coach. I dont mean they don't care about fans, but they don't operate by fan pressure. They never have. They love Stevens and were always going to try and keep him. 

Yes. They can’t hide any contract extensions or modifications. So if it was changed we will know very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there really ever a sound foundation to build on here?? Lots of hope and speculation, but nothing concrete. I tried to confirm thru other parties outside the realm of this board, and got no positive feedback. Excited for all the Stevens talk to be true, but the lack of confirmation raised questions for me.

Our fans are passionate beyond belief, and I love that. But after being on these forums since the Indy Star days, you learn to wait til the check clears. Didn't happen.

Moving on. Stevens was the last hope to excite me about IUBB....hope IU gets their chit together and finds a coach that can make us respectable again and beat PU. That's not asking for much....

Thanks for the last couple days...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

To answer your question in one word- NO

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So on that latest Brad quote about him saying he’s not considering IU, he’s a Masshole who roots for the Patriots...maybe I’m reading too far into it, but I feel like he’s speaking about his time with the Celtics almost in a past tense. Still speaking really highly of Indiana. Even what he says “I hope whoever takes the job gets to feel like I did”, seems like a big hint, but maybe I’m just hearing what I want. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I will say that IU met with the Stevens family since January, maybe even end of December. It was a good fit we thought, we listened to everything they had to say, we met everything they wanted, they agreed to the offer, then went back to Boston and he got the sesame things from them. 2.5 million raise to over 7 million now. If this is then end of Brad then Scott will get someone good for 7 million. I’m sorry I just tried to pass on everything I getting. I don’t get paid for this and I’m just as disappointed as anyone 

If this is true, no reason not to believe it's not, then they kinda played IU for a raise. If the money is the same etc. and he chose the Celtics, then he really didn't value the IU job more than the Celtics, not that he should. But if you have been talking deals for almost three months, and then when it's time to sign off, you bail, it seems like his wife/agent used this to get a raise as much as anything. 

1 minute ago, DoddsHouse said:

So on that latest Brad quote about him saying he’s not considering IU, he’s a Masshole who roots for the Patriots...maybe I’m reading too far into it, but I feel like he’s speaking about his time with the Celtics almost in a past tense. Still speaking really highly of Indiana. Even what he says “I hope whoever takes the job gets to feel like I did”, seems like a big hint, but maybe I’m just hearing what I want. 

Yeah, you are hearing what you want.  He just isn’t that into you.  Accept it.

1 minute ago, DoddsHouse said:

He accepted it, Celtics came in the last minute gave him a raise (and by gunpoint) and rescinded his choice 

1 hour ago, kreigh8 said:

The state or the university? As none of the alumni seem very qualified to me. Alford is not the guy and Dane doesn’t seem ready for this level. Drew would be from the state but strike me as a meh hire at best. I’ve heard it a lot so a bit curious what your stance is

I agree with you that Dane probably isn't ready for this level. How would you feel about Beilein with Dane as associate coach? Beilein's biggest flaw as a coach seemed to be defensively and that was kinda Dane's calling card as a player. I've heard and seen multiple interviews with Dane and I do think he could grow into the job. His record at IPFW didn't overwhelm you but considering they were transitioning into D1 I thought he had a lot of challenges there. From what I've read he's a pretty good recruiter which is another area where Beilein might face challenges. 

Just now, hoosierbannerd said:

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! Egads man, what reason would you NOT have wanted him fired? Because we didn't Stevens? 4 years of mediocrity, never beating PUke, and on and on. wasn't enough??

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I hope not. 

Don't feed the troll @hoosierbannerd

I've been offline for a few hours...anything exciting happen? 

ok...just kidding....heartbroken too, but 007 and 0708 are still credible....something fell apart and it sounds like Brad leveraged the offer for a raise (granted there's about 20 pages I haven't read through yet so that could be wrong....

On to the next