Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

If you are able to guarantee the support to $10 Million?   I'll get you Mr Dolson's phone number.  
I can chip in about $10 and promise to buy a drink and popcorn at the consession stand next game we can go to. That should come close to equaling it out

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I’m confused too. Why did the planes meet in Boco? Did they want to tell us no to our face? Why did I get a good message about the family paying the salary. Just don’t get a lot of it. But we’ll get someone good. I believe in Dolson 

So I’m the worst optimist, but it’s definitely over?

21 minutes ago, 94Hoosier said:

Honestly I could be sold on this....

Seriously.  Give him 2million a year. No buyout if we fire him but buyout for him to quit.   What leverage does he have?   Look at the success the Indiana ties. The relationships.  The X’s and O’s   

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m confused too. Why did the planes meet in Boco? Did they want to tell us no to our face? Why did I get a good message about the family paying the salary. Just don’t get a lot of it. But we’ll get someone good. I believe in Dolson 

Problem is outside of Bennett or Donovan there's really no home run left.  Dolson will have egg all over his face.  You just don't fire Archie with that buyout without a guarantee. 

I guess the one thing that still doesn't make any sense with any of this is the family angle. It was reported that a driving factor in Brad's decision making process was his wife's desire to come home. Did that just disappear because Ainge talked smooth and upped his salary a few million? Seems odd. I don't know.
Especially with the fans wanting him gone.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Someone who hasn't flamed out at his two P5 stops. The recruits parents are the only people who can recall that Alford went to IU so I'm not convinced he would suddenly have far more success coaching his alma mater. Even ignoring the Pierre Pierce situation at Iowa, his resume doesn't scream "we need that guy". You are certainly not alone, I just can't get behind the Alford push.

If not Alford.... you’d better get behind somebody with roots to the state or program. Born and bred or Hoosiers that played for IU know the passion and what it takes to be successful.
Btw the WORST thing the State of Indiana ever did is implement class basketball. Sucks to the MAX.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Problem is outside of Bennett or Donovan there's really no home run left.  Dolson will have egg all over his face.  You just don't fire Archie with that buyout without a guarantee. 

If that is the case, IU had better be looking for an Athletic Director as well as a BB coach.   

There is NO WAY he gave any kind of guarantee to anyone.   He probably gave a list of coaches he is going to approach, or said he has been talking with someone.  

Just now, Alford Bailey said:

I know a former Stevens player from Butler. Told him everything that was posted in here last night and he said he would be shocked if Stevens ever came back to college. He appears to be right at this point.

Yeah after all this, to me he's more likely to go to the Pacers than to Bloomington 

2 minutes ago, IUHAHN81 said:

Any possibility this is just everyone's way of saving face so he can finish Bostons season? No I'm not holding onto hope, just curious. The comments about feeling like he needs to see the season through coupled with the good vibes we were getting on here seem odd. 

I would assume this process moves very quickly if we're truly moving on. If not, it will be obvious after about 2 weeks or so we're waiting around for the end of the NBA season.

Most of the board seems to have jumped ship at this point but I don't have a problem waiting until June for BS if Dolson is confident he can get a commitment then. Most of the names thrown out would still jump at the opportunity in June if offered. It doesn't really matter to me if we miss the transfer window in an attempt to get the perfect candidate.

Just now, Whoozhers said:

Must be nice to judge and not have any transgressions. Nineteen years ago.....You’re picking fly crap outta pepper.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

We should just forget terrible actions after 19 years. Why even have life sentences I guess 19 years is enough for terrible actions to be forgotten.  

5 minutes ago, IUHAHN81 said:

Any possibility this is just everyone's way of saving face so he can finish Bostons season? No I'm not holding onto hope, just curious. The comments about feeling like he needs to see the season through coupled with the good vibes we were getting on here seem odd. 

I feel the same way. It came off sounding like he wants to come here, but wants to finish out the season in Boston. I'd still feel pretty confident if our insiders hadn't all done a 180.