Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Nope. Who else is out there?  The list isn't as great as people keep clamoring. If Beard lets have fun watching his teams throw rocks as they labor to 50-55 losses all conference slate. Oh but he has 2 20 win seasons in 5 go rounds at TT though! If Drew let's have fun having a **** lead our program. Whose next after? Some random Knight player who isn't qualified?  Stevens was the golden ticket. We weren't good enough. We will be back here before the decade is over looking for a new coach. 
Did you used to be IUgradman? Sure sound like him.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'd love to think we still have a chance, and Stevens didn't say anything that convinced me this was over, but our insiders all backtracking like this has me thinking it's done. 

I'm done with Norman Bates.  He can have fun coaching the Cavs in a few years.

I really like Chris007 seems like a standup guy and always has been. I think others that usually aren’t so accurate, piggybacked on his info to make them look like they really knew more than they did. The only thing that makes the raise thing so hard to believe is the timing. Can you imagine Boston fans after hearing confirmation that he got a raise with his current performance as a coach. Heck all you see is Boston fans wanting him fired. Not that insiders aren’t being told that, but man the reality of it is, Brad’s seat has been fairly warm. I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Hardly. What we think we know and what we don’t know could fill a book.
Regardless. We need an INDIANA guy. PERIOD.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

The state or the university? As none of the alumni seem very qualified to me. Alford is not the guy and Dane doesn’t seem ready for this level. Drew would be from the state but strike me as a meh hire at best. I’ve heard it a lot so a bit curious what your stance is

1 hour ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Nope. Who else is out there?  The list isn't as great as people keep clamoring. If Beard lets have fun watching his teams throw rocks as they labor to 50-55 losses all conference slate. Oh but he has 2 20 win seasons in 5 go rounds at TT though! If Drew let's have fun having a **** lead our program. Whose next after? Some random Knight player who isn't qualified?  Stevens was the golden ticket. We weren't good enough. We will be back here before the decade is over looking for a new coach. 

Beard has made the tourney 3/4 times he’s been there and it’s been played. He’s been to two elite eights and a national title game. He won the big 12 regular season in 18-19 ending Kansas long run and so far he’s 3-0 in the first round of the tourney. So beside his first season he’s been great and I’m not sure what your expectations are, but in 4 years if we win the conference, make two EE’s and a title game run I’d be very happy. 

Just now, kreigh8 said:

The state or the university? As none of the alumni seem very qualified to me. Alford is not the guy and Dane doesn’t seem ready for this level. Drew would be from the state but strike me as a meh hire at best. I’ve heard it a lot so a bit curious what your stance is

No to Drew. I don’t think Dolson will go down that road even though Drew would likely accept.

I'd love to think we still have a chance, and Stevens didn't say anything that convinced me this was over, but our insiders all backtracking like this has me thinking it's done. 

I am probably wrong on this but there is this feeling I have that the presser was just smoke and mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, ap2345 said:

No to Drew. I don’t think Dolson will go down that road even though Drew would likely accept.

I agree, fyi, just curious who Whoozers feels it needs to be if it needs to be an Indiana guy. The alumni doesn’t exactly have a deep pool to choose from or at least of the caliber we’d hope for