Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

37 minutes ago, 94Hoosier said:

The sad truth is he is the on,y coach that was a grand slam...

drew...slimy

Beard. Not exciting at all

beilien. Too old we need long term leadership possibility 

fife.  Lol.  

I wish that Matta was totally healthy and ready to get back into coaching.  To me this would be the best of the rest we could get.

Was there really ever a sound foundation to build on here?? Lots of hope and speculation, but nothing concrete. I tried to confirm thru other parties outside the realm of this board, and got no positive feedback. Excited for all the Stevens talk to be true, but the lack of confirmation raised questions for me.

Our fans are passionate beyond belief, and I love that. But after being on these forums since the Indy Star days, you learn to wait til the check clears. Didn't happen.

Moving on. Stevens was the last hope to excite me about IUBB....hope IU gets their chit together and finds a coach that can make us respectable again and beat PU. That's not asking for much....

Thanks for the last couple days...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

I will apologize if there is a Boston to Brad Steven raise. That means Our guys were right. Until then, I’m just venting cause my common sense was trying to tell me different and again I didn’t listen

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

What actions?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Suffice it to say it would be a massive PR embarrassment for IU if we hired him, as in like, "organized protests outside Dolson's office" level bad. I'd be right there with them in solidarity. Google Pierre Pierce. It's bad.

Edited by Vauxhall and IU

11 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Thanks to Chris and 0708 for their info. You can’t always be right and I hope they keep posting. It was appreciated. On to the next candidate. Hopefully we can get Beard. That would still be a homerun in my book. 

Ditto, and I urge them to soldier on and continue to keep us informed - there's still a coaching search in progress for God's sake!

I always thought of the Stevens hire as winning the powerball. We had a ticket in our hand and the numbers didn't hit. Doesn't mean it wasn't fun thinking of what could have been. Until we see the Dolson with the new coach, I'll keep my hopes up. Didn't Stevens deny he was leaving for Boston? After having 3 days of prep, did we think he was going to drop the news before a game or give another awkward press conference? 

I appreciate @Chris007 and @IUwins0708 info and I hope this saga isn't over!

I will say that IU met with the Stevens family since January, maybe even end of December. It was a good fit we thought, we listened to everything they had to say, we met everything they wanted, they agreed to the offer, then went back to Boston and he got the sesame things from them. 2.5 million raise to over 7 million now. If this is then end of Brad then Scott will get someone good for 7 million. I’m sorry I just tried to pass on everything I getting. I don’t get paid for this and I’m just as disappointed as anyone 
Nothing to apologize for

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Vauxhall and IU said:

Suffice it to say it would be a massive PR embarrassment for IU if we hired him, as in like, "organized protests outside Dolson's office" level bad. I'd be right there with them in solidarity. Google Pierre Pierce. It's bad.

And if that's not enough. He would ultimately be fired for Archie like results.

I'm looking at this from a different angle...

IF, we negotiated in good faith (I assume so) and gave Stevens everything he wanted and

IF, he said "that's good. I'm in" (or something similar to I accept) and then 

IF, Boston matches are beats the offer a little, and Stevens reneges on his acceptance...

Then Stevens is the ONLY one that loses credibility IMO.

I rec'd an offer from a business, told them it was good, and I was in, and when I told my boss I was leaving, they promised me a promotion and more money to stay. I said "where has that been before now?" (I left) Stevens may not have "played" IU, but it seems apparent that his word doesn't mean much...at least to me. 

34 minutes ago, DylanBeach33 said:

Well when another coach gains traction to Iu I will come back, until then I’m going away. Thanks to all the nice people on here.

Have to stay in the bad times in order to enjoy the good times

Just now, FWHoosier84 said:

I always thought of the Stevens hire as winning the powerball. We had a ticket in our hand and the numbers didn't hit. Doesn't mean it wasn't fun thinking of what could have been. Until we see the Dolson with the new coach, I'll keep my hopes up. Didn't Stevens deny he was leaving for Boston? After having 3 days of prep, did we think he was going to drop the news before a game or give another awkward press conference? 

I appreciate @Chris007 and @IUwins0708 info and I hope this saga isn't over!

I'd love to think we still have a chance, and Stevens didn't say anything that convinced me this was over, but our insiders all backtracking like this has me thinking it's done.