Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

6 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Nothing is ever a done deal until it is formally announced.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If you have a signed agreement  it can be done without having announced.  Think that is what we were being led to believe.  

3 minutes ago, T White said:

Not Goodman. My name is my screen name. I had a previous account, but could not remember the password. Tried the "reset" and waited for a confirmation email, but it never came. In truth, it was been a couple years since I was on here. Just got interested in the coaching search and have been using the "like" or "laugh" buttons instead of takin up bandwidth by making replies out of those.

So you haven't posted on here for two years and felt the need to make a P.T. Barnum post basically calling people fools and then a second post to explain why you created an account?

Welp.....there's the dagger in Indiana BBall's blue blood status. At least the football program is on the up and up. Guess I am just destined to not see a strong basketball program. See y'all in 4-5 years after we can the next guy.
Thanks for the laugh on the overreaction here

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

IU shouldn’t counter offer.  Get someone that actually wants to be here and isn’t all about the money.

This Is Indiana.

Not trying to beat a deaf horse here, but maybe part of Brads contract says he has to bring offer to from interested party to Boston to see if they can counter. Boston answered the call.... Does Dolson make a move or move on...? As of right now Boston’s got him......for how long?

Sorry. Let me try again.  Some people are bottomhurt (can I say that) about my posts.  I'm not mad at Chris or 0708 for posting what they heard.  Not mad at them at all.  I really appreciate what they brought and I hope they continue to do so.

But credibility was certainly lost.  That's not even debatable.

1 minute ago, Artie86 said:

Not trying to beat a deaf horse here, but maybe part of Brads contract says he has to bring offer to from interested party to Boston to see if they can counter. Boston answered the call.... Does Dolson make a move or move on...? As of right now Boston’s got him......for how long?

Why in the hell would you beat a deaf horse?  I mean it would be easy since they wouldn't hear you coming, but that's just cold.

33 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I just want to know exactly what happened.

I would say IU talked to Brad's representatives about the interest and said he was interested.  Dolson and the administration talked with him and offered a great deal and probably asked to have  a few days to think about it.  In the end he decided to stay and get a huge raise.  I have been the one the whole time saying he wouldn't want to coach in college again but I thought this had legs. 

1 minute ago, Artie86 said:

And if they lose to the Kings tonight...maybe they will rethink

12 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I told all my family and friends that BS was coming and they all just laughed at me so no credibility lost on this side . 

Yeah....my 13 year old daughter is like...."dad...you're surprised he picked the Celtics over lowly IU".

Damn....to see the world through that generation's eyes.   Got to get someone in here to show these kids what IU basketball can be.

Edited by Hoosier_Hatchet

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would say IU talked to Brad's representatives about the interest and said he was interested.  Dolson and the administration talked with him and offered a great deal and probably asked to have  a few days to think about it.  In the end he decided to stay and get a huge raise.  I have been the one the whole time saying he wouldn't want to coach in college again but I thought this had legs. 

More than likely that’s pretty accurate.

I don’t think the best course of action is to start bad mouthing all the coaches that are still in the running. These other guys that might still take this job are looking, guaranteed. Or at least they have people around them that are. Given that SD went all in for this guy, I’m sure he will do the same thing for the next guy on his list. Nobody left has the obstacle course in front of them that BS had, let’s not add to their decision in a negative way. Many of us knew that it was going to be difficult considering the nba season.

All the insiders that gave info were just as excited and bought in just like us. How boring and crappy would this board be if it was just people complaining and hating. Go to Rivals if you want to participate in that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

For those wondering. I have decided to change my picture of Steve Alford.
This will prevent him from being our next head coach. It worked for Brad and I'm hoping it works for Steve. 
Go Hoosiers! 

What is the root of the anti-Alford sentiment on this board?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app