Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean that sucks, but that does sound like your fault. You apparently were more definitive in whatyou said than the people you believed. 

Absolutely it's my fault.  I've taken full blame here.  But I do not believe I was more definitive than other posters here.  Have you been reading what I have?

A lot of people lost credibility today.  I'm certainly one of them.  I hope a lot of people learned lessons.

Just now, Josh said:

Absolutely it's my fault.  I've taken full blame here.  But I do not believe I was more definitive than other posters here.  Have you been reading what I have?

A lot of people lost credibility today.  I'm certainly one of them.  I hope a lot of people learned lessons.

I have not read all 169 pages, but I've read a lot. I never would've said I was more than 75% sure at any point, and was feeling less than that most of the day. 

36 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will say that IU met with the Stevens family since January, maybe even end of December. It was a good fit we thought, we listened to everything they had to say, we met everything they wanted, they agreed to the offer, then went back to Boston and he got the sesame things from them. 2.5 million raise to over 7 million now. If this is then end of Brad then Scott will get someone good for 7 million. I’m sorry I just tried to pass on everything I getting. I don’t get paid for this and I’m just as disappointed as anyone 

I hope he doesn't offer 7 mil to anyone else because that is way to much for any of the other candidates

40 minutes ago, T White said:

Classic case of some people never learn. Everyone got played with the Donovan stories, and now with the Stevens stories. It was almost the very same thing. Supposed insiders repeating the "done deal" mantra. Reinforcing each other's credibility as the story went along.

The best we can all do is to put on a copy of that classic song by The Who: Won't Get Fooled Again.

Even though many will. Again and again. P. T. Barnum was the smartest guy in the room once more.

You created an account to state this?  You really need a hobby, Goodman.

4 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Again.....If Brad to the offer back to Boston and got a raise,  why Doesn’t Dolson counter? Brad accepted the IU offer according to Chris and 0708. That means he was going to come home. Throw a counter offer over Boston’s . “It’s business, right?

IU shouldn’t counter offer.  Get someone that actually wants to be here and isn’t all about the money.

This Is Indiana.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I hope he doesn't offer 7 mil to anyone else because that is way to much for any of the other candidates

Well, hell it was way too much for Stevens.  When you consider the two men highest paid college coaches are not making much more, and they have both won multiple titles.  

1 hour ago, connchr71 said:

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard!!! Have you not watched the way he handles himself over the last 13-14 years?? From what I remember, there was not one sign or rumor of him taking the Boston job 8 years ago. That stuff is one reason why everybody wants him so bad. The only thing I will question is if any of this is true about him wanting the job.

Where you at??

1 minute ago, IU - Kaulie said:

IU shouldn’t counter offer.  Get someone that actually wants to be here and isn’t all about the money.

This Is Indiana.

Yeah, I’m all for persistence but at a certain point you just have to cut ties and go get someone who wants the job. This is Indiana basketball. Brad will continue to lose in the NBA and eventually look to leave but by then his “dream job” will hopefully be occupied by someone kicking @$$ for the next 20 years.

I really thought we would be told that the deal would go down after season and we would have him in the bag even after more reports came out that he was staying. I guess after that press conference there’s no other way to take it other than he’s not coming.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If, and I say if, BS got a raise from Boston, I think it’s a bad decision on his part. Think about it, the fan base already wants him gone, the team is not playing well, if they don’t make the playoffs or get bounce first round again; he could become unemployed very quickly. Just like others have stated it’s a business, it doesn’t matter if he got a new contract recently, he could still get canned in a couple months.