Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

What really sucks to me is that I wish Steven’s would say that he seriously considered the job and it was incredibly difficult for him to turn it down. That would help Indiana and the Indiana fans out quite a bit. Now we are going to get absolutely wrecked and ridiculed for believing that Stevens would consider us. Pisses me off. 

Also....the Boston fans are every bit as vitriolic as Indiana fans. They want him gone. His roster is not good. Wait until they find out he got a 2.5m raise. 

I could not care less what some Purdoo troll thinks or says about me or my fandom.  

Purdoo would never even THINK BS would coach them.  

18 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

I can't think of anyone else who would be worth $7 million--including Beard.

No one is, IMO. That kinda money should come with a REAL impressive resume. No one else being (seriously) discussed merits that.

Just now, Bigred3588 said:

I know people don’t want to hear it but IF Stevens and/or his wife were negotiating for 2 months with the knowledge they would take a matching offer from Boston, they were absolutely playing us. 

We don't know if the raise is actual information. 

Just now, IUfan_Charlie said:

I really think some of you guys need to look at this situation critically. Brad Stevens owes IU nothing. We did nothing to get him to where he is now. He did that himself. He made a critical decision about his future and his family’s future and used IUs pursuit of him to better that future. I don’t see anything wrong with that. He’s a great coach, but he didn’t want the job. Leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree. 

His employer gave him a raise (allegedly) and he took it. Every single person on here would do the same - don't @ me. Stop assuming this was his plan all along. You don't know. You're just angry right now. 

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

Because I believed.  I got burned.  I lost credibility.

I mean that sucks, but that does sound like your fault. You apparently were more definitive in whatyou said than the people you believed. 

I think this is probably true. Speculation wasn't just from Chris and 0708. Rabjohns reported last night that it was in play too, so there was clearly something going on. This wouldn't be the first time a coach got really far along in the process and backed out at the last minute. He could have been playing us, or he could have just gotten cold feet at the end. Either way it's disappointing, but this is not life and death. Hopefully the guy we ultimately land is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabjohns was getting his info from here. Just like everyone else. Osu guy Twitter was keeping things sounding good and an Aj Guyton picture and hype here and there. Before you know it it’s everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Artie86 said:

Does Dolson and Brass counter? They said there is $$$$$.... asking for a friend.

Again.....If Brad took the offer back to Boston and got a raise,  why Doesn’t Dolson counter? Brad accepted the IU offer according to Chris and 0708. That means he was going to come home. Throw a counter offer over Boston’s . “It’s business, right?

Edited by Artie86

Just now, CyberHoosier said:

Been lurking the past few days and finally caught up. Sucks to hear the news. What's stopping IU counter-offering Boston's couter-offer? Another mil or 2 keep us in the running or no?

Frankly, no one knows the true details outside of Brad, Scott, and his wife. We don't know if Boston gave him a raise. 

From our understanding, Indiana tried and appears to have come up short.