Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah, I do. 

I think anybody who insisted that Stevens was coming here (like myself to family and coworkers) lost credibility here.  Next time we insist something, do you think they're going to remember this?  I certainly do.

What's your definition of credibility?

I'm far more bummed this time around than I was when the Donovan stuff proved to be false. Really thought we had Stevens. Really hope Dolson has an option B, as from the outside looking in it would seem all the eggs were in the Stevens basket which appears similar to Archie's recruiting strategy at times with misses on Brooks and then Kauffman. Tough day for Hoosier fans.

Note: We'll see if this one doesn't get deleted like my first post did.

Thanks for the info from the insiders on this board.   Its appreciated from me!  I hope you guys keep sharing.

Does this suck?  No doubt, but we move on.  Our social media presence has to be one of moving on to the next target.  We will scare away people if they think we only wanted Brad.  Who knows, with the numbers being thrown around this week....there may be some candidates we didn't even think of that might be interested in getting PAID!  

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think I’ll just keep info to myself for a while.

I just got here when HSN went down, and I’ll say thank you. @IUwins0708 has gotten crappy treatment over there when his info doesn’t pan out. I appreciate what y’all tell us, unfortunately sometimes things out of your control happen. Sounds like the info was was legit but Boston wanted to keep him. To bad we can’t all be adults!

1 minute ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Give me your short list of guys you believe can fill the vacancy? I'll gladly get excited if the results bear it out......but there's not a single coach that has been mentioned beyond Stevens that gives me hope for the long term success of this program. 

Guys are definitely striving in places with less resources than IU.  Not sure why you would be hopeless.

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think I’ll just keep info to myself for a while.

Don't let this stop you from sharing with everyone. It seems like so many people were caught out by this, and it seems he used IU's offer to get himself a raise. You was just telling us what you knew to the best of your knowledge if anyone has got a problem with that then it is their problem. I appreciate everything you said and done.

19 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m not wrong. Who else would you possibly be talking about?

You’re 100% wrong. I never said anything negative or derogatory to/about anyone. Perhaps you need to reread my posts and direct your vitriol where warrented. As for me, I’m done discussing this with you. 

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will say that IU met with the Stevens family since January, maybe even end of December. It was a good fit we thought, we listened to everything they had to say, we met everything they wanted, they agreed to the offer, then went back to Boston and he got the sesame things from them. 2.5 million raise to over 7 million now. If this is then end of Brad then Scott will get someone good for 7 million. I’m sorry I just tried to pass on everything I getting. I don’t get paid for this and I’m just as disappointed as anyone 

I respect you Chris...just trying to pass along info...no worries here. I’ll trust you the next time. We’ve all been wrong before

22 minutes ago, BayernFan said:

Yup BS was just playing IU for a raise to burnish his image and value.  Told ya.  Let his name never be spoken again.  Unless to point out he is overrated.  

Now let’s get someone who wants to be here and be paid handsomely.  

Like Musselman or the guy from Loyola. 

Love most of the new posters. You, not so much