Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

2 minutes ago, BayernFan said:

I warned the board about him earlier today and was rewarded with a “warning point” for being “abusive”.  He and his wife are conniving and opportunistic.  They played IU to the hilt and are laughing on the way to the bank.  

Yeah.  We need more coaches like Bill Lynch. :/

6 minutes ago, HoosierBoiler said:

Several guys have....Fife would crawl to Btown with a dead rat in his mouth to coach at IU. Give me that guy over any of the so called top coaches

If fife really wanted to be at Indiana I’m sure there would’ve been an assistant spot open for him over the years

7 minutes ago, Jet812 said:

Kind of a ****** move by him & his family if true.  I get it if we just offered this week, they considered a few days then said no, but if he’s had months to figure it out & strung Dolson along, not real impressed with him.  I thought he was better than than that...

Yep and guess what, if they miss the playoffs this year and possibly next year, he will be fired without a second thought. More power to him.

21 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Welp.....there's the dagger in Indiana BBall's blue blood status. At least the football program is on the up and up. Guess I am just destined to not see a strong basketball program. See y'all in 4-5 years after we can the next guy.

Ahhhh, Brad Stevens isn't the only guy that can coach. This stings and he woulda been great, but he doesn't want the job- so what can you do? Go find the next best coach. 

Stevens can continue to enjoy Bah-ston, all I care about it IU. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

It’s that IU met everything he wanted and he supposedly accepted then backed out when he went back to Boston. 

I hear ya. It sucks. Can't spin it in a positive way. We lost. 

As disappointing as this is, it’s still not as disappointing as what the last 4 years is Indiana basketball has been. I’m not sure any of us ever thought Stevens was a legitimate candidate prior to 72 hours ago. The only reason it’s as disappointing as this, is because it’s the most excited we’ve had an opportunity to get in a looooong time. We’ll still end up with a strong coach. 

1 minute ago, DylanBeach33 said:

If fife really wanted to be at Indiana I’m sure there would’ve been an assistant spot open for him over the years

Yeah there have been so many spots for IU guys over the years!

1 minute ago, Hardwood83 said:

Ahhhh, Brad Stevens isn't the only guy that can coach. This stings and he woulda been great, but he doesn't want the job- so what can you do? Go find the next best coach. 

Stevens can continue to enjoy Bah-ston, all I care about it IU. 

Give me your short list of guys you believe can fill the vacancy? I'll gladly get excited if the results bear it out......but there's not a single coach that has been mentioned beyond Stevens that gives me hope for the long term success of this program. 

14 minutes ago, Josh said:

There's been a lot of credibility lost today.  Certain posters, this website, myself with coworkers.  I'm sick about it.. I hope we all learned a big lesson but I doubt most do.

Meh.  I don’t live in a world where my credibility comes down to who I think the next coach at IU is.  Think that’s pretty hyperbolic.