Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will say that IU met with the Stevens family since January, maybe even end of December. It was a good fit we thought, we listened to everything they had to say, we met everything they wanted, they agreed to the offer, then went back to Boston and he got the sesame things from them. 2.5 million raise to over 7 million now. If this is then end of Brad then Scott will get someone good for 7 million. I’m sorry I just tried to pass on everything I getting. I don’t get paid for this and I’m just as disappointed as anyone 

007 always wins in the end.

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

Boston fans are so mad right now. Indiana fans are gutted. We just can’t have nice things. 

That’s the irony in this entire thing. I won’t stoop to wishing him ill will though. That’s not how to get ahead in sports or in life

I think I’ll just keep info to myself for a while.
I'll take anything you hear if you want to get it off your chest. There is no doubt you believed in your source and rightfully so. Sometimes things just don't turn out. Good in my book man

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will say that IU met with the Stevens family since January, maybe even end of December. It was a good fit we thought, we listened to everything they had to say, we met everything they wanted, they agreed to the offer, then went back to Boston and he got the sesame things from them. 2.5 million raise to over 7 million now. If this is then end of Brad then Scott will get someone good for 7 million. I’m sorry I just tried to pass on everything I getting. I don’t get paid for this and I’m just as disappointed as anyone 

I think the disappointment is coming from the fact we were led to believe this was a "done" deal.  That the wife wanted to come home.  That we were offering enough money that it would match a high level NBA coach with a lower cost of living.  Never once were we led to believe that Stevens felt underpaid by the Celtics and that was a risk??  You would have thought Dolson/Boosters would of have gotten a signature on terms before ponying up $10mm and taking a chance they "could" sign him.

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The only posters that lost credibility are the people that are treating people poorly on here. The only people. 

Absolutely! I will never understand why supposed adults can't control themselves even a small bit and must act like utter fools, throw tantrums and attack people when they get disappointing news. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I can't think of anyone else who would be worth $7 million--including Beard.

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

It sure looks that way. 

We have no idea. Sounds like he told Danny Ainge the size of the offer and seriously considered it. 

Not his fault if Danny offered him a raise to stay. Who in their right mind would say no to a $2.5M raise?

5 minutes ago, Jet812 said:

Kind of a ****** move by him & his family if true.  I get it if we just offered this week, they considered a few days then said no, but if he’s had months to figure it out & strung Dolson along, not real impressed with him.  I thought he was better than than that...

You think you feel bad, there is someone out there who dropped $10 million on what he was telling us.

I'll take anything you hear if you want to get it off your chest. There is no doubt you believed in your source and rightfully so. Sometimes things just don't turn out. Good in my book man

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Same here Chris and 0708. The info was great and it didn’t work out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I feel like a moron. I told all my close IU friends he was coming.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah sry man, I’m so glad I didn’t do that this time around. All respect to the guys saying 100% lock, but as soon as I heard that, with everyone else saying no, I was certain it wasn’t happening. Reminded me heavily of Kaufman. Sure was a fun couple days though. Ya know, so what? We didn’t get Stevens... plenty of other guys out there that can make things happen for IU. Step one in this process shows that IU truly is serious about its basketball program. That’s the direction I wanted us to head.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, mdiu28 said:

We have no idea. Sounds like he told Danny Ainge the size of the offer and seriously considered it. 

Not his fault if Danny offered him a raise to stay. Who in their right mind would say no to a $2.5M raise?

It’s that IU met everything he wanted and he supposedly accepted then backed out when he went back to Boston.