Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will say that IU met with the Stevens family since January, maybe even end of December. It was a good fit we thought, we listened to everything they had to say, we met everything they wanted, they agreed to the offer, then went back to Boston and he got the sesame things from them. 2.5 million raise to over 7 million now. If this is then end of Brad then Scott will get someone good for 7 million. I’m sorry I just tried to pass on everything I getting. I don’t get paid for this and I’m just as disappointed as anyone 

Do your sources have any idea who the #2 target is...?

Super disappointing

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I will say that IU met with the Stevens family since January, maybe even end of December. It was a good fit we thought, we listened to everything they had to say, we met everything they wanted, they agreed to the offer, then went back to Boston and he got the sesame things from them. 2.5 million raise to over 7 million now. If this is then end of Brad then Scott will get someone good for 7 million. I’m sorry I just tried to pass on everything I getting. I don’t get paid for this and I’m just as disappointed as anyone 

Kind of a ****** move by him & his family if true.  I get it if we just offered this week, they considered a few days then said no, but if he’s had months to figure it out & strung Dolson along, not real impressed with him.  I thought he was better than than that...

1 minute ago, theriverpilot said:

I agree that Stevens shouldn’t be offered again. Not out of spite but simply because he’s made it clear he’s not interested

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yup. We put him on a pedestal and he knew he could get whatever he wanted out of us. 

No hot chick is attracted to the dude who constantly throws himself at her no matter how many rejections. Have fun with that 8 seed and 1st round loss - if you even get that. You'll be missing us then, Brad when C's fans are screaming for your head. Or you wont - who cares. It's over. 

I surprised by how disappointed I am. I've been following this thread for days but I didn't think I allowed myself to really believe. I think that our insiders believed what they were told and maybe the people that told them believed it too. I think Stevens coming to IU meant so much to us because it would tell the world that Indiana basketball still mattered after 30 years of mediocrity. But apparently we're the joke everyone else thinks we are. I think I need a break from this program.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I did the same thing on Facebook friend who is a Purdue guy who were making fun of IU.  I said all the IU jokes will be over in a few days after we hire Brad Stevens.  I wonder if IU will never get back to where we want it.

Nope. Who else is out there?  The list isn't as great as people keep clamoring. If Beard lets have fun watching his teams throw rocks as they labor to 50-55 losses all conference slate. Oh but he has 2 20 win seasons in 5 go rounds at TT though! If Drew let's have fun having a **** lead our program. Whose next after? Some random Knight player who isn't qualified?  Stevens was the golden ticket. We weren't good enough. We will be back here before the decade is over looking for a new coach. 

4 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Not the insiders fault, Brad's just all about the money.  He should never be offered the job again, no matter what.  Plenty of other coaches out there.

Easy to say, but if you could get a handsome raise, not have to recruit and travel year round, have more time with your family, etc. it would be a hard sell.  Money talks yes, but quality of life means a lot to a person like him.  He has great integrity.  He didn't play anyone, he weighed his options and held all the trump cards to get what he wanted from both IU and Boston.  Bottom line, it is a business.  I am sure this has been extremely hard for him and his wife.

7 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I just want someone that actually wants to be here.  No recruitment.  No bidding.  No begging.  I don’t really understand why their isn’t one guy out there that hasn’t stood up and said ‘I want that Indiana job’.

Well besides Tom Crean who by all accounts fought like hell to keep it.  

Several guys have....Fife would crawl to Btown with a dead rat in his mouth to coach at IU. Give me that guy over any of the so called top coaches

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Does Dolson and Brass counter? They said there is $$$$$.... asking for a friend.