Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m sorry guys, I’m really totally shocked and sick to my stomach. I cant believe with all I was told this is the outcome. I’m not sure heartbroken should be a word I use towards another mans decision but I honestly am.

Hey brother, don’t worry about it! I am curious because you said there will be denials and we got just that. So what changed, Boston counter or what? Really sucks but not surprised because it almost seemed too good to be true.

The problem with inside info is that it's only as good as the source. Just like recruiting info that comes from the program, it is likely true that IU felt really good about where it stood. But unless you are hearing similar things from the other side, outcomes like this are always possible.

1 minute ago, IU Prof said:

The problem with inside info is that it's only as good as the source. Just like recruiting info that comes from the program, it is likely true that IU felt really good about where it stood. But unless you are hearing similar things from the other side, outcomes like this are always possible.

But we were "led" to believe we were hearing good things from the other side (Brad's Wife)....doesn't seem to be the case

Just now, ap2345 said:

So the Celtics gave him another raise??

I'll say this. If Brad actually used all this hoopla to get himself a big raise in Boston, then I can honestly say that I am glad that we didn't get him. Good riddance. Give me someone who WANTS to build on the legacy here, not just use us for more money. Get lost.

Wow, a lot happened on my drive home form work.  Now I will drink my bourbon in sorrow instead of celebration.  Still hold a glimmer of hope, I mean what else is he supposed to say at this point, but that was difficult to hear.  I trust that Chris and 0708 were passing along what they heard, sucks if it turns out to be wrong, but I appreciate them sharing.

As i said before, I believe in Dolson, he gets it, if he missed here, so be it, at least it sounds like he swung for the fences.

3 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Where we at? I’m at the water park and don’t have time to read because I have to judge and clap for handstand #2134. Help

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Steven’s gave a pretty resounding “no, I’m not considering IU.” Even went as far as to call himself a “masshole who roots for the Patriots.”

Just now, madmax said:

I'll say this. If Brad actually used all this hoopla to get himself a big raise in Boston, then I can honestly say that I am glad that we didn't get him. Good riddance. Give me someone who WANTS to build on the legacy here, not just use us for more money. Get lost.

I agree. Funny we thought his wife (and agent) was on our side....

Moving on. 

In New York there was a reporter who followed the Jets GM till he answered his questions. Even texting him that he saw gm playing with his kids. This is the reason I think if Brad would try to lie to the Boston media. Again grasping but it wouldn’t shock me. 

Just now, thehelgo said:

TBH I think Beard and Drew are extreme longshots as well.  $10M donor is going to be underwhelmed with what his/her money bought I'm now thinking.  

done deal.....

Agreed.

Welp.....there's the dagger in Indiana BBall's blue blood status. At least the football program is on the up and up. Guess I am just destined to not see a strong basketball program. See y'all in 4-5 years after we can the next guy.

Or worse we hire somebody decent and only get to the first round of the tournament for 8 years

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app