Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

10 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Maybe missed it but is anyone considering Stevens may be using us to get more money/ player commitments out of the Celtics?

He signed an extension last August with Boston, so would doubt that.  In terms of player commitments....the problem right now with Boston is they don't have much in terms of tradable assets besides Tatum and Brown, and they aren't going anywhere.  The Nets going all in changed the East trajectory quite a bit...right now I simply don't see the Celtics being able to keep up with the top of the East.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

My basketball junkie kid has seen North Texas play--and no, Uspshoosier is not my kid :)

He thinks North Texas has a real chance against Purdue.

If Purdue lost and we got news during the game that would be, well.............................................................

Your son is smart. They got some older guards and 2 of the them I believe won games in the tournament before.  Forgot where from but one grad transferred in this year to play with the other one 

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Only thing that worries me is Goodman is really putting his reputation on the line to shoot down these rumors... I would think he is pretty confident in his sources if he’s tweeting this stuff out there....

or he’s a clown, either are feasible. 

Not really.  One story really doesn't change anything, especially when there aren't national guys saying it's going to happen.

13 minutes ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

Announcement during Purdue game tonight?  Most recent text I got from former player.   If they actually did that it would be the greatest FU of all time LOL.  

Don’t necessarily believe it, but be watching the Purdue game if it does lol

Please let this happen!!! Lol

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

My basketball junkie kid has seen North Texas play--and no, Uspshoosier is not my kid :)

If Purdue lost and we got news during the game that would be, well.............................................................

This combination reeks of a hangover

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I don't see it.  I think the best way to beat Purdue is up tempo, take their big men out of the game.  North Texas is 350th in tempo.

1 minute ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

Sooo....   this Purdue game announcement is gaining more steam.  My sister is at an event in downtown Indy and was talking with Anthony Calhoun who said an announcement is coming during Purdue game.   No clue how he’d know but that’s the second I’ve seen that in the last 3 hours.   Believe other text more than this one but....  

Boston tips off at the same time... will be interesting to see.