Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Just so you guys don’t go on another ride, there’s going to be another wave of denial. Just be prepared.  We are good!

Appreciate the info. 

This doesn't make sense to me. If you're leaving/negotiating with IU, whatever - why would both Brad and the Celtics want him to continue on the sidelines? 

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

Appreciate the info. 

This doesn't make sense to me. If you're leaving/negotiating with IU, whatever - why would both Brad and the Celtics want him to continue on the sidelines? 

I’m assuming it is the exit side from Boston. 

Just now, Bowhunter said:

Sterling won’t break this.  He is not in the micro-small circle. 

4 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Appreciate the info. 

It’s just the way it works.  Celtics gotta figure out who’s the interim coach, need to figure out his contract with the Celtics as in how to void or whatever.  Lots of legal hoops to jump through is what I’m told.  I personally don’t know, not close to a lawyer

1 minute ago, SteelerHoosier said:

The month June was thrown around earlier by 0708 (I think). My guess they will deny this till end of the season if he is truly coming. 

My issue here is that it’s pretty clear to everyone what’s going on when we get to May and Indiana doesn’t have a basketball coach. 

Just now, cthomas said:

All I am certain of is that in the next few days, weeks, or months IU will have a new basketball coach. Then after a few games we will be arguing about whether the new guy can coach or not.

You're right, if we don't get significantly better fast.

3 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Appreciate the info. 

This is the part I’m hung up on too.  BS isn’t the type to string them along.  If it’s a ‘done deal’ or however you want to phrase it their is no chance Boston doesn’t cut ties immediately.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

It’s just the way it works.  Celtics gotta figure out who’s the interim coach, need to figure out his contract with the Celtics as in how to void or whatever.  Lots of legal hoops to jump through is what I’m told.  I personally don’t know, not close to a lawyer

Hmmmm

3 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

The month June was thrown around earlier by 0708 (I think). My guess they will deny this till end of the season if he is truly coming. 

I originally thought the same but I mean, what if the C's go to the Finals and win (they won't) or even makes a deep playoff run. 

He then quits or gets fired? I don't see it. A flameout in the first round, maybe.  

3 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

If so this thread will annihilate the 1035 page "Tom Crean Fired" thread...