Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

16 minutes ago, BayernFan said:

NBA coaches are a dime a dozen.  He hasn’t lit the NBA on fire.  The DePauw guy had a good two year run in a weak conference.  Is that worth 8 mil a year?  Cali numbers?  Cmon. 

what, exactly, makes him a Super Coach?  

Good two year run wasn't just in conference.  He went to back to back Championship games, the second of which after losing some pretty important cogs off the prior team.

He has been to the EC Finals several times since going to Boston as well.  Is this really about Stevens or is it about a small school rivalry?

5 minutes ago, BayernFan said:

This Stevens hype could be acting as a smokescreen allowing IU and Dolson free movement to go after their real target.  Maybe Beard or Pitino.  Or Alford.

Why not Jordan Hulls? Did he retire or still playing?

I continue to hear good things about the possibility of Stevens to #iubb.
Quote Tweet

Rabjohns-6_mini.jpg

Jeff Rabjohns

@JeffRabjohns
·
Indiana athletic department source to Peegs.com: Indiana athletic director Scott Dolson is very deliberate and taking his time. No announcement expected today or this weekend. #iubb

1 minute ago, Adillac said:

It makes too much sense for Stevens to come home. That’s basically my opinion still. I still think it’s going to happen. 

I think timing is impeccable this time. 8 years in Boston is a long time. IMO, Stevens' personality fits better to the college games where he can be a mentor and a teacher for young players. 

I don't really understand why everyone acts like this is over because no announcement today. No one but one less reliable source said it would. In fact the Ohio State guy said look for April 2nd. This isn't over until it's over or at least not in until we start hearing reliable intel that it is.