Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

16 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Taking a break from message boards before I get driven crazy! Relax and enjoy basketball guys!

Can I come over and sit with you? That way I can drink beers and not have to click so much! lol 

I don’t have many sources but did have one in athletic department (that is involved in coaching search communications-wise) tell me that Rabjohns is not wrong in his report. Don’t expect an announcement this weekend.

9 minutes ago, FWHoosier84 said:

idk about Zach....I'm surprised he took time away from talking about soccer to talk to his source. He didn't have anything about Archie's firing and what he said afterwards was less than what I knew from BTB! Also, he did a podcast yesterday (haven't listened) about the Sampson era. With everything going on, what a weird time to look back at a 2 year period over 10 years ago. 

I think we are ignoring an obvious explanation.  IU isn't announcing Brad Stevens is the new coach today, Boston is announcing that Brad Stevens is stepping down.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

Ainge saying he's staying sounds pretty definite, that was how I took it.

JS, respectfully, what is he supposed to say? He's a GM. He can't show weakness or elude to problems. He's going to squash all rumors and move forward until Big Bad Brad either accepts or squashes this. I do fear with all the buzz right now it's going to have to be addressed by Brad sooner than later.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Do you actually know this or are you being ridiculously negative? 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Do you actually know this or are you being ridiculously negative? 

I'm not being negative.

Not gonna be a popular take, and I have zero inside information, but I think it’s gonna be Beard. I think the Stevens smoke is real, but I think ultimately he decides to stay in the NBA. I think Beard takes the job in a heartbeat. Hope the fan base can still support him despite their disappointment if I am correct.

26 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

If I'm Danny Ainge, and Brad was NOT leaving, I'd tell Brad to go out there and kill this rumor once and for all with clear, concise and non-ambiguous language... why hasn't that happened? #inquiringMinds

This is an excellent point. 

I'm not a true believer at this point, but squashing this would be very, very simple. 

Just now, madmax said:

Not gonna be a popular take, and I have zero inside information, but I think it’s gonna be Beard. I think the Stevens smoke is real, but I think ultimately he decides to stay in the NBA. I think Beard takes the job in a heartbeat. Hope the fan base can still support him despite their disappointment if I am correct.

Beard is going to be in a tough spot with all the Stevens hype if that does in fact happen. 

If the 3pm thing came from a former player who no one is sure quite how well connected they are (I feel like this was mentioned) and many former players have heard 3pm, it seems like the many former players source could be that one former player who no one is sure how connected they are. I'm not going crazy, you're going crazy. 

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Ainge saying he's staying sounds pretty definite, that was how I took it.

That can only mean one of three things:

1. Ainge doesn't know
  2. Brad is staying in Boston
  3. Ainge is lying

My money is on 1 and/or 3.

Again, if Ainge wants to kill this talk, send Brad out to unequivocally squash the talk. Plain, simple, unambiguous language - no wiggle room. And that hasn't happened.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I had a a buddy tell me 3pm but he wasn’t sure about his connections 

Still feeling good regarding Brad and the negative vibes should stop? Friends texting me worried Dolson is going to plan B. I’m still trying to hold onto hope because of you and 0708.

Just now, coonhounds said:

Ok so tell us what your hearing then

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't know specifics...other than we were looking good and now it's changed. I hope I'm wrong. We'll see if the insiders here will stick to their predictions