Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Can't imagine they let people bet on this because of inside info. A game plays out it could be rigged but usually not. If someone in the know could bet on a coach that wouldn't be fair

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My name is Mr. Scott Dolson.  I have a check here for $10M and would like to place all of it on Brad Stevens.  

12 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

idk about Zach....I'm surprised he took time away from talking about soccer to talk to his source. He didn't have anything about Archie's firing and what he said afterwards was less than what I knew from BTB! Also, he did a podcast yesterday (haven't listened) about the Sampson era. With everything going on, what a weird time to look back at a 2 year period over 10 years ago. 

Having patience right now sucks, but a couple of guys on this board are not throwing around speculation. Until they mention things are at risk of cracking, I'm taking a deep breath and letting this unfold. It's Stevens. Gotta forget about guys like Goodman (clickbait) and anti-IU media. And also crazies attempting to get to 500 followers. Trust in those who have provided repeated, credible information over a long period of time. The rest...it's just noise. If there's something we should know, @IUwins0708 or @Chris007 will know. Not that the chatter isn't fun, but my buddies are all ready to jump off a cliff because of some uneducated tweets. Trust. Trust. 

1 minute ago, FWHoosier84 said:

idk about Zach....I'm surprised he took time away from talking about soccer to talk to his source. He didn't have anything about Archie's firing and what he said afterwards was less than what I knew from BTB! Also, he did a podcast yesterday (haven't listened) about the Sampson era. With everything going on, what a weird time to look back at a 2 year period over 10 years ago. 

Zach is loved and has sources. He doesn’t speculate online, you’ll have to get him to talk in person if he knows you. 

And he brought up Sampson because Sampson plays in Assembly Hall tonight lol

I look at it this way: As much as I hate to say it, this is the most interest I have had in IU basketball all year. Whether or not this ends up happening, I think we can be pretty sure that "there's a new sheriff in town" and he isn't content with the mediocrity that has been IU basketball for the last several years. Just knowing that brings my interest back. I hope it's Stevens, but if not, I know they are going after the best person they can possibly get. I'm positive we are going to end up in better shape than we have been for quite some time.

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Zach is loved and has sources. He doesn’t speculate online, you’ll have to get him to talk in person if he knows you. 

And he brought up Sampson because Sampson plays in Assembly Hall tonight lol

Good point, I didn't think about that. I do like Zach. I listen to his podcast often and I like his appearance on CrimsonCast the other day. I just don't know if he's the insider that will get "the scoop". 

14 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Taking a break from message boards before I get driven crazy! Relax and enjoy basketball guys!

That is the beauty of being 6 hours ahead.  Just about the time the rumors really start flowing it is almost bed time for me.  So I get to clear my head, sleep easy, and then wake up in the morning, and spend a couple of hours catching up on everything that was said. :) 

12 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

So I'm going to Memphis Grizzles game Monday against the Celtics.  Any suggestions for what I should yell at Brad in my IU gear! 

I used to live in Memphis was supposed to work for the Grizz in ticket sales before the pandemic screwed that up. I'm a huge Grizz fan!

1 minute ago, FWHoosier84 said:

Good point, I didn't think about that. I do like Zach. I listen to his podcast often and I like his appearance on CrimsonCast the other day. I just don't know if he's the insider that will get "the scoop". 

Is he the guy that’s going to tweet Brad is engaged in talks? No. 

But he’ll be the guy to tell you how the negations went down in full detail. He’s close to Scott and Fred. 

5 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Having patience right now sucks, but a couple of guys on this board are not throwing around speculation. Until they mention things are at risk of cracking, I'm taking a deep breath and letting this unfold. It's Stevens. Gotta forget about guys like Goodman (clickbait) and anti-IU media. And also crazies attempting to get to 500 followers. Trust in those who have provided repeated, credible information over a long period of time. The rest...it's just noise. If there's something we should know, @IUwins0708 or @Chris007 will know. Not that the chatter isn't fun, but my buddies are all ready to jump off a cliff because of some uneducated tweets. Trust. Trust. 

plan b