Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

10 minutes ago, IamtheShapopo said:

Just a quick report on Dameshek...good friend of my buddies brother...he is legit and would not post this flippantly...I just found out this bit of info....told my buddy to get his brother on the phone to Dameshek

Did you get confirmation on this?

Stop PM'ing 0708 or CHRIS  :)
If it's great news, we'll find out, and if they want to share, they obviously will.
You'd think they've withheld stuff from us lol. They've shared what they know or they will be sharing.....it's pretty obvious!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I am not worried.

But I am pissed off about IU not being in the tourney.  

And, I still do not "get" why Archie Miller couldn't recruit at IU.   He did very well at Dayton.  I hope that he will do well in his career.   And I'm so very glad that IU seems to be closing on Brad Stevens.

T minus 23 minutes and counting.  Then the big announcement:   Brad Stevens to IU!

(I have no idea of the timeline for the announcement.)

Bro.... archie actually did recruit well. In 2018 we finished 10th nationally in recruiting, and in 2020 we were 15th. He had 2 5-star recruits in a 4 years window, captured 3 Mr. Basketballs, 5 4-Stars, 5 3-stars. It’s not like we had a talentless roster - Archie just could not figure out how to coach them, or how to coach the right things. 

If you look at Archie’s offensive system, it’s better designed for mid-major conferences where a slight advantage in talent can give you that extra edge from a spacing, speed, and time-to-shoot perspective. That just doesn’t work in the Big 10 where everyone is basically on the same playing field.

Just now, Over 100 Games said:

Bro.... archie actually did recruit well. In 2018 we finished 10th nationally in recruiting, and in 2020 we were 15th. He had 2 5-star recruits in a 4 years window, captured 3 Mr. Basketballs, 5 4-Stars, 5 3-stars. It’s not like we had a talentless roster - Archie just could not figure out how to coach them, or how to coach the right things. 

If you look at Archie’s offensive system, it’s better designed for mid-major conferences where a slight advantage in talent can give you that extra edge from a spacing, speed, and time-to-shoot perspective. That just doesn’t work in the Big 10 where everyone is basically on the same playing field.

True, he did recruit fairly well.  Except that the injuries and the growth of the other B1G teams passed IU by.  That and Archie must get a great PG to work well.  RP was good as a freshman but due to injuries he never seemed to recover fully.  So Archie's PG didn't happen and Archie did not recruit a backup.  Shooters either didn't shoot or couldn't hit.   Time for a change.  And I really loved Archie here in Dayton.   Go get Brad.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

Track flights stat!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

So I posted earlier.... TWO flights going to Boca Raton.. One from Btown.. The other from Boston... landed within 30 mins of one another.. Well the plane that landed from BLOOMINGTON has another flight schedule from Boca to BOSTON later. Not the plane that originally came from Boston.

image.thumb.png.30bfaf32551725fef33eda30bfe4f3ee.png