Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

4 minutes ago, spe317 said:

Brad Stevens is the new coach of IU basketball but due to contract restrictions will be coaching via cell phone and Zoom while simultaneously remaining on the Celtics sideline. Tacko Fall is now averaging 32 mins a game. Bob Einstein (RIP) has been hired as a surrogate on the IU sidelines. 

LOL.

Another Arrested Development reference!

This thread is just stream of consciousness now.....and yet I keep reading it. 

I'm more convinced then ever that the BS saga (it's been like 3 days, how's that for exaggeration!)  will be resolved sooner than later. No way he finishes in Boston AND takes the IU job. 

We'll know the new IU coach within 2 weeks or less, regardless of who it is. Only possible exception is an unexpected deep run by the candidate....but I doubt that too. 

1 minute ago, DylanBeach33 said:

I’m sure Aj if he knows something wouldn’t be able to leak stuff without getting in trouble with the University. He like all the former players have been tweeting out candidates all week

I agree. I am sure AJ has to watch how he says things, such as someone like Rabjohns.....this is nervous time, but hopefully everyones sources hold up to be true.

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lol, no, he is not one of the most recognizable faces in the city. You can see ten dudes who look like this on your morning walk to the office in Boston. 

C8906C69-F74F-4D46-A5A9-9B3C31F278FC.jpeg.73f05601b772b18c79fe263be0af630c.jpeg

I get that we all want him to come here, but come on. He can live a much more normal life in Boston than he could in Bloomington. You think he’s going anywhere in Bloomington without being recognized? 

Why is that a bad thing? He’ll be treated like a god! Boston ppl are like a lot of east coast jerks! Much more simple living in Bloomington!

I know you can't smell me but I was browsing over at the Boiler board.  They went from "IU sucks" "They'er all delusional"  "Keep living in the past" to "How good would CBS be there?"   "Will Painter have any success?"  "Would he be better than Knight?"    and my favorite "CBS isn't that good except the two years he took a team to back to back NC games."

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I know we are all ready for an announcement and for this to be over, but  after the abomination this past season was, this search is the most I've enjoyed IU basketball all year and probably in the last four. 

I don't know whether to award a laugh, a cry, a heart, or a trophy for this post - all apply for me.

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

He will totally be recognized in Bloomington just like he totally gets recognized in Boston.

When you are his profile level, you don't get to be anonymous anymore.  But I lay money that his life is just as restricted in Boston because, no, he is not more anonymous there than he would be in Bloomington.  

You can lay down all the money that you want but it’s not true. Boston has four professional sports teams. Boston is full of rich and famous people. Brad is a 6’1 suited up white dude in a city full of 6’1 suited up white dudes. MLB players have talked about how they can go out in public all the time without being bothered. Same thing here. He very well might come to Bloomington, but this is a drawback to leaving Boston. 

5 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

Let's say you're a wealthy individual looking to make a major purchase, a mansion perhaps. Then you find the exact one you're looking for and agree to the current owner's price. Even though you aren't ready to move in yet and haven't signed all the paperwork wouldn't you likely tell close associates that the deal is done? Things could still fall through at the last minute but you have the cash and you met the seller's terms so you'd be right to be pretty damn confident that you had just purchased the mansion you've been wanting. Conversely, on the seller's side of things you don't take it off the market, announce that it has been sold, and hand over the keys until all the paperwork is completely signed and the cash is in hand. 

So what your saying is we dumped our old fixer upper and we are now looking to buy a mansion?  CBFS!!!

Edited by 68Hoosier

17 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

In general non-competes have limits, you can't forbid someone from making a living in an industry, you might limit the location or forbid them from contacting clients they acquired with your company, for instance. But no blanket "can't coach" clause would stand up or ever be agreed to. 

What you say is very true, but if there is something like that in there.  It still would have to be litigated.  Leading to a court notifications so at least that would tell us something.  :) 

1 minute ago, JJacks said:

I know you can't smell me but I was browsing over at the Boiler board.  They went from "IU sucks" "They'er all delusional"  "Keep living in the past" to "How good would CBS be there?"   "Will Painter have any success?"  "Would he be better than Knight?"    and my favorite "CBS isn't that good except the two years he took a team to back to back NC games."

Lol.  For all their blabbering about "dusty banners", they lack the self-awaress that 1) They have NO banners, and 2) We've hung TWO since 1979 (their only trip to a FF since the transistor was invented).