Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

2 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

Maybe being she lost her mom she wants Brad to bo closer to his father while alive?

Also, there is blood family and there are contacts you make that can be like family.

Being the coach's wife in a nee city is probably fairly isolating.  You come in and your "friends" are assistant coaches wives or executive's wives?  Tracy and Brad had to have had an Indiana network before he became Brad bleeping Stevens. Coming to Bloomington puts her within driving distance of that friend network.  If they buy property anywhere north of Bloomington then she is a jump on 37 (being converted to I69) away from everyone they spent years developing friendships with in the Indianapolis area and northern suburbs.

Sterling mentioned Boston is a very parochial city.  There is Boston and there are transplants.  A midwesterner in Boston who has to live in the type of bubble that the Stevens live in are the ultimate fish out of water. 

Her family may not be here in Indiana, but her roots most definitely are.

2 hours ago, jmsgws said:

This is still early in the process.  Remember the last time.  It was a done deal for Billy D, and the next thing we knew.....  Before that it was a done deal and Tom Crean was announced.  Before that it was a done deal and Kelvin Sampson was announced.  

I think we could be a long way from being done. 

Yes, it is still very early in the process. When the CTC > CAM change came, it took 11 days, and everybody was done with their seasons.

In fact, CTC was not fired until the first day of the tournament. This year, we are almost a week behind that schedule - CAM was fired on Monday and the tournament doesn't start for real until today... 

This is no time to panic. Keep the faith and let the "do-ers" do their thing. Waiting is hard, but there's no value in filling that time with panic, fear or frustration.

Stevens doesn't seem like the type of a guy that would resign and say adios. Perhaps he's giving Ainge and the Celtics organization an opportunity to find a new coach. Not necessarily an interim coach, but one that would be a coach they would hire for the long-term. It would be a win, win situation. All that would change if the news was broke by multiple mainstream sources that Stevens was leaving. Until then, it just seems like a reasonable and responsible gesture by Brad.

Definitely not a lawyer but have signed a few contracts. I’m sure the majority of NBA coaches have non compete clauses in their contract. Whether that holds up to college gigs is way above my understanding.

I know for me I had to be out of my contract and before I could sign with a different company.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Also, there is blood family and there are contacts you make that can be like family.

Being the coach's wife in a nee city is probably fairly isolating.  You come in and your "friends" are assistant coaches wives or executive's wives?  Tracy and Brad had to have had an Indiana network before he became Brad bleeping Stevens. Coming to Bloomington puts her within driving distance of that friend network.  If they buy property anywhere north of Bloomington then she is a jump on 37 (being converted to I69) away from everyone they spent years developing friendships with in the Indianapolis area and northern suburbs.

Sterling mentioned Boston is a very parochial city.  There is Boston and there are transplants.  A midwesterner in Boston who has to live in the type of bubble that the Stevens live in are the ultimate fish out of water. 

Her family may not be here in Indiana, but her roots most definitely are.

The flip side of that is that in Boston he and his family can go about their lives without being mobbed in public. So could the rest of his family. Brad Stevens looks like any corporate white dude at a restaurant or walking down the street. That wouldn’t be the case in Bloomington. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The flip side of that is that in Boston he and his family can go about their lives without being mobbed in public. So could the rest of his family. Brad Stevens looks like any corporate white dude at a restaurant or walking down the street. That wouldn’t be the case in Bloomington. 

No he can't.  He is the coach of the Boston freaking Celtics.  And instead of being surrounded by 60,000 people who all know who he is, he is surrounded by several million who all know who he is.  He is probably one of THE most recognizable faces in that city.

1 minute ago, cleeter said:

FWIW. does anyone know who Jamie young or Jerome Allen are?d8e976f26c59df56f7756ad0f6da7dc4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad Stevens, Head Coach. Jerome Allen, Assistant Coach. Brandon Bailey, Assistant Coach ... Scott Morrison, Assistant Coach. Jamie Young, Assistant Coach ..

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Definitely not a lawyer but have signed a few contracts. I’m sure the majority of NBA coaches have non compete clauses in their contract. Whether that holds up to college gigs is way above my understanding.

I know for me I had to be out of my contract and before I could sign with a different company.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

In general non-competes have limits, you can't forbid someone from making a living in an industry, you might limit the location or forbid them from contacting clients they acquired with your company, for instance. But no blanket "can't coach" clause would stand up or ever be agreed to.