Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m still rock solid saying he’s coming.  Remember most of us, if any, don’t do these sorts of contracts.  There is as much paperwork with these as buying a house I’ve been told.  Plus any adjustments made from either side then the process starts over.  I’m a firm believe in his wife wants to come home.  Until I hear something different I’m confident he’s coming.  

Good enough for me. Back Home Again in Indiana!

10 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Just because her family isn't here doesn't mean she couldn't have decided its best for him or both to move here. Women make weird decisions but smart men listen

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Maybe being she lost her mom she wants Brad to bo closer to his father while alive?

Deciding could mean how to exit as much as if it wants it or not.   I find it hard to believe that if a package was proposed and met that he is really deciding if he wants it.  

11 hours ago, Chris007 said:

First off Indiana Elite, Bloomington South has a spot for his son, daughter at Jackson Creek best middle school. 7 million here vs 4.6 there is huge with the price of living in each place. 

Not to mention - South went undefeated in basketball last year, and will currently face CJ Gunn and Lawerence North in the Semi State Game this weekend. Not a bad company for his son to feed into.

4 minutes ago, Notithatlives said:

Where is that at?  Behind paywall? Podcast?  Didn't see it on twitter.

37 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It was told to me that it was done on the IU side. Rabby is saying Brad is deciding. I think he has to be a little more careful or that’s what he’s hearing. My info was we have talked to the agent for Brad for over a month, we were told what  it was going to take to get the deal done, and we’ve done all of that. 

1 minute ago, cleeter said:

Not only is there lots of paperwork, but from what I’m hearing, Brad is a stand up guy. He could have signed everything this morning but wanting to spend time with the team and talk to players personally and break the news to them rather than them finding out on Twitter. Handle the situation his way and the right way basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that is true and he tells the team, things will leak out immediately following that conversation.

Unlike others, I'm not feeling anxiety over this today.  Something just feels good about it.  Unless we're completely off base, it's clear Brad Stevens is considering the proposal and that is miles ahead of how we conducted coach searches the last 4 times.  Our AD is going all out and even in the event that Coach Stevens opts to stay in Beantown, it will show other candidates that A) We're damn serious about getting a highly talented coach and B) If the situation is intriguing to Brad Freakin' Stevens, how many college coaches are above the same job? (a small handful at most).

Just wanted to say I miss Jackie Moon.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Artie86 said:
  37 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It was told to me that it was done on the IU side. Rabby is saying Brad is deciding. I think he has to be a little more careful or that’s what he’s hearing. My info was we have talked to the agent for Brad for over a month, we were told what  it was going to take to get the deal done, and we’ve done all of that. 

I saw that.  Just was wondering where Rabby said that.  Mdiu28 says premium.

Waiting for national leaks now.  So much smoke my eyes hurt.  

I understand IU being fine with finishing out the Celtics season if that’s what he wants, but I just don’t see how the Celtics would be fine with having him stay. Not sure how toxic that’d be with the players knowing their coach is out the door. I’m thinking that even though IU may be ok with it, the Celtics are just gonna let him walk and someone else will be lined up to coach rest of NBA season. 

10 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m still rock solid saying he’s coming.  Remember most of us, if any, don’t do these sorts of contracts.  There is as much paperwork with these as buying a house I’ve been told.  Plus any adjustments made from either side then the process starts over.  I’m a firm believe in his wife wants to come home.  Until I hear something different I’m confident he’s coming.  

I think it happens and it's relatively simple. It's a 25-year move for him with no downside. Hey, Brad - come home to IU, make $50M+, be a legend, and have access to anyone and everything you want. Or he waits and gets fired at year-end by Boston and then has to figure out what to do. Unless he just doesn't like IU (aren't his grandparents Alumni & season ticket holders?), he can fail and make $35,000,000. Help me understand the downside versus the risk of staying in Boston until the end of the season? I'm preparing for tears of joy or a broken heart. Both of which will have me drinking very soon. We don't want this...we need this. College basketball needs this IMO.

If that is true and he tells the team, things will leak out immediately following that conversation.

That is true yes, but then when it leaks, the people closest to Brad found out through him and not social media. That might matter to him. No idea though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I understand IU being fine with finishing out the Celtics season if that’s what he wants, but I just don’t see how the Celtics would be fine with having him stay. Not sure how toxic that’d be with the players knowing their coach is out the door. I’m thinking that even though IU may be ok with it, the Celtics are just gonna let him walk and someone else will be lined up to coach rest of NBA season. 

They may all just agree to not tell anyone (including players) until the Celtics season is over.

1 minute ago, IU-DL said:
I think it happens and it's relatively simple. It's a 25-year move for him with no downside. Hey, Brad - come home to IU, make $50M+, be a legend, and have access to anyone and everything you want. Or he waits and gets fired at year-end by Boston and then has to figure out what to do. Unless he just doesn't like IU (aren't his grandparents Alumni & season ticket holders?), he can fail and make $35,000,000. Help me understand the downside versus the risk of staying in Boston until the end of the season? I'm preparing for tears of joy or a broken heart. Both of which will have me drinking very soon. We don't want this...we need this. College basketball needs this IMO.

IU being at it's best is good for college basketball. You're very right we need this. I honestly think we never become a blue blood again without a long term hire like this 

15 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Yes and no. A deal like this is usually agreed to verbally with a term sheet outlining the parameters of the deal. You then negotiate the final contract after the deal is announced. 

So one of two things is happening:

1) IU has agreed to everything Stevens has asked for, and now he is deciding whether to go or not.

2) Stevens has agreed to the terms, and is negotiating his exit with the Celtics (which could be more involved in terms of agreeing to the final written contract before the deal is official).

Hopefully we're waiting for #2, not #1.