Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

3 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

Agreed. My concern all along has been that the IU side of this is overly confident, and thus the leaks aren't completely representative of where things stand. Not doubting the insiders at all, and appreciate all they bring, just tempering my enthusiasm until we see some smoke from a non-IU source.

Danny Ainge is my concern.  I predict he pulls a Bob Kraft and won't let BS go. 

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It was told to me that it was done on the IU side. Rabby is saying Brad is deciding. I think he has to be a little more careful or that’s what he’s hearing. My info was we have talked to the agent for Brad for over a month, we were told what  it was going to take to get the deal done, and we’ve done all of that. 

First off, I really appreciate the insider info you've been providing (this has been a lot of fun following), and in saying this I'm not directing it at you as much as I am the sources who phrased it to you this way, but:  how would IU making a strong offer for Brad to consider be anywhere close to a "done deal"?  If true, we should all at the very least take heart that our new AD is not messing around, but this sounds like it should've been portrayed more as "well, we've done what we can do, let's see what he decides to do".  Even if the offer was equal to what the Stevens camp said would make them listen, that's still not what I would feel like calling a done deal.  If you can, could you elaborate more on what makes your sources and yourself more confident?

It’s not like he can just keep him there. He could own his rights to other nba teams in the future, but anyone has the ability to just quit their job. I wouldn’t think it would be different in NBA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Not sure there's much he can do unless there's some crazy clause in Brad's contract regarding the college level.

1 minute ago, cleeter said:

It’s not like he can just keep him there. He could own his rights to other nba teams in the future, but anyone has the ability to just quit their job. I wouldn’t think it would be different in NBA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah there is no universe where your boss can prevent you from leaving your job 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But one thing Brad is not the only one making this decision. His wife, who is his agent is also helping make the decision. If the decision isn’t already made.

Wouldn’t it be safe to say she is leaning towards wanting him to take the IU job? Her wanting to come home? 

10 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Now, If he was quitting his job to get another NBA coaching gig, I’m pretty sure Ainge can do that. But if he wants to College, it will probably be mutually 

Unlike others, I'm not feeling anxiety over this today.  Something just feels good about it.  Unless we're completely off base, it's clear Brad Stevens is considering the proposal and that is miles ahead of how we conducted coach searches the last 4 times.  Our AD is going all out and even in the event that Coach Stevens opts to stay in Beantown, it will show other candidates that A) We're damn serious about getting a highly talented coach and B) If the situation is intriguing to Brad Freakin' Stevens, how many college coaches are above the same job? (a small handful at most).

2 minutes ago, Dizz said:

Not sure there's much he can do unless there's some crazy clause in Brad's contract regarding the college level.

Then we pay Brad $7 mill to be the ball-boy who happens to discuss things a lot in the huddle. There are always ways around things. 

Edit: Come home Brad!

Just now, Adillac said:

If the info we are getting is that this convo between IU and Stevens has been going on for a couple months, then the donors forking over two huge bags of cash for the buyout and the transition suggest to me that this could in fact be almost a done deal. Nobody is giving away 10million dollars for a chance to land Scott Drew or John Beilein. 

Let's not forget about this important part. These things take awhile. I believe that they've made the decision it's just a matter of I guess getting loose ends together. 

1 minute ago, DylanBeach33 said:

No matter who is the next coach they need to be in on this guyF724844A-E935-4EB3-B869-578A61048E1C.thumb.jpeg.297791af6cae81e0fad7c128d4a3112a.jpeg

I don’t know about that. I’m not sure he’s a winner and just a guy that puts up numbers. That should probably go in the recruiting section of the board too.