Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

From yesterday from our favorite guy jeff goodman.

Also, Some good tidbit about Arch not really wanting the Indiana job but wanting OSU. While Goodman may be out of touch with the Brad Stevens deal, he is close with Sean and Archie. 

1 minute ago, Adillac said:

I have no info. But I just think it’s going to happen.

consider some things we are basically sure of:

- He will make more money at IU

-He loves IU, considers it a great job.

-Not going to win in Boston anytime soon

-Boston is not still in love with him. 

What would be the reason to say No to Indiana? He just doesn’t want to deal with moving? 

One of the biggest things that could be true would be he doesn’t want to do the college gig again- recruiting, kissing babies, etc...but we don’t know that’s how he feels. 

I don’t know, it just seems like it’s a good fit and it’s a good time for it. 

I would say the timing is definitely not perfect, but it probably never gets any better. It's a "now or never" situation, which sucks for Stevens because he's in the middle of a season. Logically, if he truly is listening and considering, and IU has put up the money being rumored, then it would seem he'll be on the sideline in SSAH next year. 

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

Also, Some good tidbit about Arch not really wanting the Indiana job but wanting OSU. While Goodman may be out of touch with the Brad Stevens deal, he is close with Sean and Archie. 

Well, Archie did a helluva job auditioning for the Buckeyes. 

4 minutes ago, Adillac said:

What would be the reason to say No to Indiana? He just doesn’t want to deal with moving? 

One of the biggest things that could be true would be he doesn’t want to do the college gig again- recruiting, kissing babies, etc...but we don’t know that’s how he feels. 

Seems like there is a pretty good chance Boston fires him after this season. Seems like a no brainer

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It was told to me that it was done on the IU side. Rabby is saying Brad is deciding. I think he has to be a little more careful or that’s what he’s hearing. My info was we have talked to the agent for Brad for over a month, we were told what  it was going to take to get the deal done, and we’ve done all of that. 

His wife is his agent correct?

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It was told to me that it was done on the IU side. Rabby is saying Brad is deciding. I think he has to be a little more cared or that’s what he’s hearing. My info was we have talked to the agent for Brad for over a month, we were told what  it was going to take to get the deal done, and we’ve done all of that. 

Sounds like a lot of people are saying about the same thing:  Brad, unlike before, decided to listen to us.  He told us what it would take to get him, and we met his demands.  Now we're waiting to see if he will actually accept what he asked for.  Is that close to accurate?

First post.  I've been lurking here since HSN went down, but never signed up for that one either.  I've been posting on rivals since 2002 under 4iufourever.  Anyways, what if Brad is coaching the Celtics tonight?  If it is a done deal, then shouldn't this thing be wrapped up fairly quickly?  Especially since it would seem Ainge and the Celtics would know by now.  I remember being so excited about the BD talk 4 years ago.  It feels like de ja vu.  I don't think I'm bringing up what 100 other people haven't already, but I think it will allow me to relax now. I've been on the edge of my seat for the last 48 hours or so.  Ok.  I feel better.  Please come to IU and coach the team!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Adillac said:

If it is the moving part that has him on the fence I will take vacation and go move their stuff for him lol!

It was told to me that it was done on the IU side. Rabby is saying Brad is deciding. I think he has to be a little more careful or that’s what he’s hearing. My info was we have talked to the agent for Brad for over a month, we were told what  it was going to take to get the deal done, and we’ve done all of that. 

You have been one of the best over the years. I really appreciate your dedication!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Maybe we judge Goodman too harshly. He did mention that West Lafayette is the place where the sun doesn't shine... 

Come home Brad!

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

...."Rabby is saying Brad is deciding"....

That's the part that makes me clinch a bit.

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Damn it now I’m doubting my info...LOL

1 minute ago, Artie86 said:

...."Rabby is saying Brad is deciding"....

That's the part that makes me clinch a bit.

Agreed. My concern all along has been that the IU side of this is overly confident, and thus the leaks aren't completely representative of where things stand. Not doubting the insiders at all, and appreciate all they bring, just tempering my enthusiasm until we see some smoke from a non-IU source.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

But one thing Brad is not the only one making this decision. His wife, who is his agent is also helping make the decision. If the decision isn’t already made.

When do you think the Brad to IU news will be announced? Today? Sunday? Later than that?