Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

I'm curious, once Brad Stevens is announced head coach how many kids might reconsider their commitments to other schools to take a look at IU with a new head coach?

1 minute ago, trc1969 said:

I'm curious, once Brad Stevens is announced head coach how many kids might reconsider their commitments to other schools to take a look at IU with a new head coach?

Can kids get out of their loi’s or is the transfer rule for kids who have already been at their respective college?

12 minutes ago, trc1969 said:

A lot...

Edit: COME HOME BRAD! 

Edited by Evariste Galois

8 minutes ago, trc1969 said:

Probably close to none.

13 hours ago, Rookie33 said:

Who’s Archie? emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hey, like it or not......If Archie didn't do such a "BANG UP" job these last four years, we are not talking about Brad right now. 

Such a blessing in disguise! When the "package" is finally delivered, in a weird kind of way we will be thanking Archie,...I guess, right?

Was thinking back to the discussion yesterday about why Stevens is such a desirable candidate, and it hit me. He's basically Bobby Knight minus the temper issues. Not trying to stir up an RMK debate, but the next level coaching mind, focus on academics, etc. While no coach is perfect, Stevens is basically the perfect coach. 

I’d like to think if it’s indeed Brad then there’s no need to wait here too long at all. He’s not in the NCAA tournament, so not hearing anything until the tournament is over would only lead to speculation that it’s a current coach in the tournament we are getting. If Boston knows he’s leaving it’s not like they have to worry about holding off to tell the players or anything because they can’t leave. Shoot, the only way I could see waiting until the tournament is over is to just try to throw the sly curveball in there making people think it’s someone in the tournament and then BOOM, the Brad news drops...but reason why that doesn’t make too much sense is why would the Celtics have Brad continue to coach all the way until the tournament is over if they know he’s out the door...that would just seem awkward for the player/coach aspect of it. 

2 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I’d like to think if it’s indeed Brad then there’s no need to wait here too long at all. He’s not in the NCAA tournament, so not hearing anything until the tournament is over would only lead to speculation that it’s a current coach in the tournament we are getting. If Boston knows he’s leaving it’s not like they have to worry about holding off to tell the players or anything because they can’t leave. Shoot, the only way I could see waiting until the tournament is over is to just try to throw the sly curveball in there making people think it’s someone in the tournament and then BOOM, the Brad news drops...but reason why that doesn’t make too much sense is why would the Celtics have Brad continue to coach all the way until the tournament is over if they know he’s out the door...that would just seem awkward for the player/coach aspect of it. 

It seems like he wants to leave the C's in the best way possible. I mean, they're still in the playoff race. Although not where C's fans want them to be (check out twitter, it's brutal, they really hate Brad right now) but I'm sure Brad feels a sense of responsibility to leave in a positive way. 

If everything our insiders have said is accurate, I'd still expect this to happen sooner rather than later. I don't see Brad finishing the NBA season if he's coming here. 

I have no info. But I just think it’s going to happen.

consider some things we are basically sure of:

- He will make more money at IU

-He loves IU, considers it a great job.

-Not going to win in Boston anytime soon

-Boston is not still in love with him. 

What would be the reason to say No to Indiana? He just doesn’t want to deal with moving? 

One of the biggest things that could be true would be he doesn’t want to do the college gig again- recruiting, kissing babies, etc...but we don’t know that’s how he feels. 

I don’t know, it just seems like it’s a good fit and it’s a good time for it.