Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

It's going to be a long weekend if we don't hear anything.

I'm hoping it goes one of two ways:

1) They announce late morning today so it will be the talk of the tournament or...

2) They wait until early next week so there aren't any games on yet and it's the ONLY thing to talk about.

I'd prefer #1 so I don't get an ulcer but we'll see.

2 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

The difference this time is the fact that it sounds like the inner circle on this is very small.  There is no search firm to leak, there are no agents to leak, there are no lawyers to leak.

I do agree with whomever posted about him coaching the Celtics with a deal done for another team. It doesn't seem like the Celtics would want that.

The difference this time is the fact that it sounds like the inner circle on this is very small.  There is no search firm to leak, there are no agents to leak, there are no lawyers to leak.
He has to tell the celtics and once he does that circle wont be small and word would leak fast imo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just now, bigrod said:

I do agree with whomever posted about him coaching the Celtics with a deal done for another team. It doesn't seem like the Celtics would want that.

Good! Get him here to start building the beast!!

2 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Well, I don't know about the lawyers part...  For any kind of negotiations there are going to be lawyers.  I would bet the circle is bigger than you believe, though.  

If the discussion is going on the Celtics have to be involved, and none of us know how many people would be involved on their end.  

Remember the saying Benjamin Franklin has been given credit for....  Three people can keep a secret as long as two of them are dead. 

5 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

....and if it doesn't? Then what?

BRAD ********* STEVENS BETTER BE ANNOUNCED BY ____________! lol

The hamster running this site won’t have water for a week if Brad’s not announced. DONT MAKE ME!

come home, Brad. All the other candidates suck and are boring :( 

2 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Exactly my thought. You dont have a guy coach your team who has his focus on other things. It wont be possible to keep it secret and can you imagine the pre game or post game press conference of a Celtics game if it comes out that hes leaving while hes still coaching the Celtics.

24 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

I for one appreciate the added C....for CBS...when everyone shortens it to BS, I keep thinking why is everyone calling this a BS hire, this is the guy we want, not a bunch of BS :) 

I thought the convention was that you earn the C when you become the IU coach. So he is BS right now, but will (hopefully) be CBS next week.  

1 minute ago, HoosierTownie said:

First Post - wandered over here when HSN went down, I lurk more than I post, but appreciate the welcome the HSN members received when they had nowhere else to go, hamster wisecracks not withstanding...;).  I really appreciate those that share the information they have, and understand that nobody will ever be right 100% of the time, but it's great fodder and I enjoy following the ensuing discussions.

I'm not an insider and rarely ever get the inside track on anything, but I do live in B-town and try to keep my ear to the ground.  I haven't heard anything about the coaching situation, but I believe in Dolson.  He went to IU, was a student manager under Knight, and has worked most, if not all, of his professional career at IU, so he gets it.  He may or may not get his coach this time, time will tell, but I am hopeful.

If this information that has been shared here is accurate, I am of the opinion that the longer this drags out to become official, the less likely it becomes.  Like other have said, if it is a done deal, you can't keep that a secret for long, so an announcement should be coming soon.

GOI IU.....and.....Brad ****** Stevens

Welcome friend

6 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Or they end up announcing it in a couple of months, if that’s the case, I will not be able to make it

If this thing goes that long, it becomes more clear what is going on.  We won't wait months for a college coach.

12 minutes ago, kottke said:

It's going to be a long weekend if we don't hear anything.

I'm hoping it goes one of two ways:

1) They announce late morning today so it will be the talk of the tournament or...

2) They wait until early next week so there aren't any games on yet and it's the ONLY thing to talk about.

I'd prefer #1 so I don't get an ulcer but we'll see.

Best of both worlds...

If the national media reports on it this morning that it is a "done deal" with confirmation following from IU and Brad Stevens.

Tuesday of next week IU has official press conference announcing Brad as new coach.