Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, Gnet550 said:

I for one appreciate the added C....for CBS...when everyone shortens it to BS, I keep thinking why is everyone calling this a BS hire, this is the guy we want, not a bunch of BS :) 

That made me LOL at work.  Glad I was not drinking coffee at the time.

17 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Oh I get it.  But remember this is a different year with a different leader who actually loved the glory days of IU. Admittedly I wasn’t a fan of the Dolson hire because of all the back talk of him being a yes man.  That sumbuck is a go getter!!

I was the same way.  I totally underestimated how valuable his time with the IU Varsity Club and being a fundraiser was to his role as AD.  Relationships, trust, and the ability to raise big time dollars with our big time donors....HUGE!   And.....he wants IU basketball to be the best it can be.

3 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

I for one appreciate the added C....for CBS...when everyone shortens it to BS, I keep thinking why is everyone calling this a BS hire, this is the guy we want, not a bunch of BS :) 

Currently, I like BFS (Brad F****** Stevens), but soon to be CBFS. 

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Not much else he can drop honestly. I’ve been told it’s a done deal, and I’m pretty sure he has too but I don’t want speak for him.

Long time watcher. Not long time poster. But, how long would you expect it can stay a “done deal” before it has to get announced to some capacity?

Hey all,

The reminiscing about posters and places in Indiana is absolutely good by all of us, but we're trying to keep this super-busy thread focused on Stevens and the coaching search. 

Please post away on places in Indiana and posters we know and miss, but do so in the Meet & Greet thread:

Thanks!

Long time watcher. Not long time poster. But, how long would you expect it can stay a “done deal” before it has to get announced to some capacity?

Agreed. It going to leak if it’s actually a done deal. People are incapable of keeping secrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, iubb said:

Agreed. It going to leak if it’s actually a done deal. People are incapable of keeping secrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference this time is the fact that it sounds like the inner circle on this is very small.  There is no search firm to leak, there are no agents to leak, there are no lawyers to leak.