Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Your wouldn't like Tony Bennett?  The guy who a NT and a bunch of ACC titles.  He's only 50ish I believe and some ESPN guys called him the best coach in college basketball.  Maybe our fans are nuts.

There are some posters that just want to see the game turned into a track meet.  Average 50 or 80, I don't care at all just win.

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Drew's style fits Indiana well. Not sure about Beard. Bennett is literally the opposite of Indiana basketball. I wouldn't like that hire. 

If Bennett was hired, I'd like the macro results, but hate the micro. I can't handle many more games scoring in the 40s and 50s. 

Edited by FWHoosier84

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Not even close to BD situation.  Albers created that mess.  Titus, Rabjohns, Peegs, former players, several others know that Brad is at least in negotiations.  It’s much further than that but people are behind.  His wife being his agent on top of Dolson keeping a tight lip is why this hasn’t been brought out to the national media.  I, for one love it!! Tons more smoke than BD ever had.

I hope you're right, really.  I'm naturally cautious, we've been overly excited about a candidate just to get burned, and this kind of swing is out of character with how this program has been run for the last couple decades.

6 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Would guess 1. it’s not new and 2. They’re probably following Stevens too

Yea, I think Mrs. Franklin follows a crap ton of coaches anyways. And OSU/Michigan usually goes for each other’s recruits due to their insane rivalry, since OSU was involved with Franklin 

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Oh I get it.  But remember this is a different year with a different leader who actually loved the glory days of IU. Admittedly I wasn’t a fan of the Dolson hire because of all the back talk of him being a yes man.  That sumbuck is a go getter!!

I was the same about Dolson, thought he was Glass 2.0 and wanted absolutely none of that.

I would be unhappy if we got Beilein or Drew. 

if it were Stevens I would be obviously very happy. And I’d be okay with Beard. And I’d be reasonably happy with Marta. 

I know I’m not in the majority with this one but I would be okay if it somehow were Alford, even though I know IU isn’t interested in that direction. 

My hopes:

1. Stevens

2. Beard

3. Alford

4. Matta 

if we can’t get anyone of those, we should just give it to Fife or Cheaney. 

12 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Your wouldn't like Tony Bennett?  The guy who a NT and a bunch of ACC titles.  He's only 50ish I believe and some ESPN guys called him the best coach in college basketball.  Maybe our fans are nuts.

No I wouldn't. Never have. Never will. I'd like the winning. But I would rather watch paint dry than any of his teams. 

8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Oh I get it.  But remember this is a different year with a different leader who actually loved the glory days of IU. Admittedly I wasn’t a fan of the Dolson hire because of all the back talk of him being a yes man.  That sumbuck is a go getter!!

Hope you're right man.  This does just have a very similar feeling to UK chasing BD when Tubby was canned.   Hopefully the ink is dry.

10 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I was in the same boat on Dolson, but man he has quickly changed my mind on him.  Hope he can keep up the momentum... 

History repeats itself. At least that's what I hear. Its just time that IU basketball returns. If we have held on after all these years to some sense of relevance, its bound to happen. U can't keep IU down forever. We are bound to score our guy. THIS time we do. I wholeheartedly believe our wait is over. 

Just now, 68Hoosier said:

I was in the same boat on Dolson, but man he has quickly changed my mind on him.  Hope he can keep up the momentum... 

This I was hoping that we could give it to Pat Kraft, but Dolson might just be proving my hunch wrong.

Just now, IUHAHN81 said:

History repeats itself. At least that's what I hear. Its just time that IU basketball returns. If we have held on after all these years to some sense of relevance, its bound to happen. U can't keep IU down forever. We are bound to score our guy. THIS time we do. I wholeheartedly believe our wait is over. 

I hope you are right.  

I think CBS is the only person right now that can bring the fan base together as well.  I know winning tends to do that but I think he will be able to do it from day 1.

1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

I hope you are right.  

I think CBS is the only person right now that can bring the fan base together as well.  I know winning tends to do that but I think he will be able to do it from day 1.

I for one appreciate the added C....for CBS...when everyone shortens it to BS, I keep thinking why is everyone calling this a BS hire, this is the guy we want, not a bunch of BS :)