Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, ray said:

The good and the bad:

The good: I can keep up with this thread now and I’m no longer overwhelmed.

The bad: This thread has slowed down so much that I need to find other things to do. 

People are just hung over from last night.  It will be relentless around 10am

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Not feeling confident about getting Brad at all. I think we end up with Drew. 

I'd be deflated but happy with Drew or Beard.  Bennett a grand slam but very unlikely. Anything else and total apathy.  

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Not feeling confident about getting Brad at all. I think we end up with Drew. 

I don't even know if he is on the short list by what some others have posted elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

Dave from Dayton, Ohio? I grew up about 15 min from there. Just south in Centerville

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hi.  I live just north of the Air Force Museum.  From PA to KY to IL to Evansville IN...Bosse HS.  IU 77 UW 82. Dayton OH since. Btw Bills Donuts are very good.  But Donut Bank in Evansville beats Bills. One of the only reasons to visit Evansville.   

The sequence I envision is the news starts to break on Brad Stevens or Plan B.  Coach will tell his entourage and team and employer.  Word gets out quickly. Then Press Releases from the old employer and IU AD.  Then within days the press conference.

Nothing new this AM.  The three main sources of information haven't changed information in 12 hours.  It is still thought to be Brad Stevens.  No timetable.  Go IU!

Edited by Dave from Dayton

1 minute ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

I posted this on HSN, but pretty sure Michigan had interest in the recruitment of AF back in HS 

Would guess 1. it’s not new and 2. They’re probably following Stevens too

Just now, Kentuckysucks said:

I'd be deflated but happy with Drew or Beard.  Bennett a grand slam but very unlikely. Anything else and total apathy.  

Drew's style fits Indiana well. Not sure about Beard. Bennett is literally the opposite of Indiana basketball. I wouldn't like that hire. 

20 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

I saw this posted on another IU message board, hesitated........., then decided to share. At this point the "cat is almost out of the bag" and we are all just anxiously waiting for a national media link, to some degree. Again, I found it thorough and viable,....don't know how creditable, however, its very encouraging.....if true. 

This is still early in the process.  Remember the last time.  It was a done deal for Billy D, and the next thing we knew.....  Before that it was a done deal and Tom Crean was announced.  Before that it was a done deal and Kelvin Sampson was announced.  

I think we could be a long way from being done. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Drew's style fits Indiana well. Not sure about Beard. Bennett is literally the opposite of Indiana basketball. I wouldn't like that hire. 

Your wouldn't like Tony Bennett?  The guy who a NT and a bunch of ACC titles.  He's only 50ish I believe and some ESPN guys called him the best coach in college basketball.  Maybe our fans are nuts.

27 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Your wouldn't like Tony Bennett?  The guy who a NT and a bunch of ACC titles.  He's only 50ish I believe and some ESPN guys called him the best coach in college basketball.  Maybe our fans are nuts.

Out of everyone NOT named Brad I have seen on the list.  Bennett would be my favorite!  I don't think we would stand a chance to get him, but stranger things have happened.