Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

24 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Dude.....Steven’s IS the covid shot.

Maybe it's a good sign that I have since scheduled the shot for Monday. :D

57 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I have not found a single place to bet on this.  Sportsline published the odds but no one is taking bets.  William Hill is the "Official Sports Book" of Sportsline and CBS and even they aren't taking the bet.

Nor have I. I was gonna buy the wife some new kitchen countertops with that haul, lol.

21 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

If this goes through I imagine one day I have kids a conversion like this will take place.

Kid-Dad I love you.

Me- Awww. U know the day you were born will always be the 2nd greatest day of my life.

kid- Wait. What?

Slight edit to my original post....

Kid- Dad I love you.

Me- Awwww. U know the day you were born BRAD will always be the 2nd greatest day of my life.

Kid- Wait. What?

I’m so greatful that I’m not one those people about to have a new born today at a hospital.

Nurse- Sir we really do need a name for the child.

Me- and you shall get it, when there’s an official statement from Indiana University. Here’s a nice dead founding father for your understanding.

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

I guess we’ll find out something today. Tip off time for the Celtics game is 7:30pm ..... 

I just don't see how he can coach if he's already signed a deal with IU and the Celtics know it...I can't imagine that would make the players happy. That being said I'm not worried if he coaches tonight. I trust the guys on here. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I just don't see how he can coach if he's already signed a deal with IU and the Celtics know it...I can't imagine that would make the players happy. That being said I'm not worried if he coaches tonight. I trust the guys on here. 

It will just mean he hasn't signed. Which is not encouraging in my opinion 

I saw this posted on another IU message board, hesitated........., then decided to share. At this point the "cat is almost out of the bag" and we are all just anxiously waiting for a national media link, to some degree. Again, I found it thorough and viable,....don't know how creditable, however, its very encouraging.....if true. 

Good evening. I’m new to the forums and had to set up an account at the urging of a friend just to share this so please forgive me. I know my established credibility is zero as of now but hear me out and wait the requisite amount of time for this to come to fruition and I think you’ll appreciate this information. I was asked not to share but this is an anonymous board and it’s too important not to share with Hoosier Nation.

I have deep basketball connections in south central Indiana. As it has been told to me, Brad Stevens has been formally offered in the $8 million/year range and this is being funded by private donors. I know, nothing new here. The news here is that Stevens has notified Ainge of his interest and has, in fact, met with IU brass in person in the past week in a clandestine fashion. Ainge is encouraging Stevens to stay but also understands the big business of basketball. Stevens is rumored to being very close to accepting an offer in kind but will not abandon his team until the season is over, which leaves Indiana in a bit of a pickle until late May/June. The prevailing thought here is that Stevens will accept the Indiana job within the week and notify the Celtics and his team and commit to continue to coach them....*unless* they let him walk, which is very possible, even likely. Think Bill Freider/Steve Fisher for Michigan back in the day. Assuming the Celts let him go, this opens up Stevens to Indiana almost immediately and Stevens gets to start his dream job and the mighty rebuild of the Indiana program post haste. The $$$ and the poor performance this year and Stevens’ desire to be closer to his family (dad) in Indiana are the reasons this is happening, I’ve been told.

Thanks for listening. I’m 95% sure it goes down like this. It’s not if but when.

Last edited: Yesterday at 11:46 PM

7 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

This feels like we are currently in that panic time right before a recruit commits where the freak out begins.  Sometimes the freak out is warranted and other times it is just the jitters that it is not done yet.

"Why has he just not picked us yet if he wants to be here...?"  At least this time we are pining for a grown man as opposed to a teenager....right?  Lol.

Don’t know that this is truly anything but here is a flight tracked for this morning. Isiah Thomas has reportedly been assisting Dolson with this hire and guess who lives just outside of White Plains, NY??? Again, this could be just a major coincidence but it’ll definitely make you wonder. Could we have March Bradness by noon today?!?!

86A83116-3FF8-4C85-944E-3B15958A9C93.jpeg