Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

7 minutes ago, Doctor Jones said:

Has there been any movement on the Vegas odds?  Has anyone here placed a bet?

I have not found a single place to bet on this.  Sportsline published the odds but no one is taking bets.  William Hill is the "Official Sports Book" of Sportsline and CBS and even they aren't taking the bet.

5 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

I think now is as good as time as any to play "what ever happened to?", especially considering some old faces made a brief visit this week when HSN shut down.

For those of you newer to this site and community, most of us started on the old scout.com forum (which I believe became 24/7). We then moved to the original Hoosier Sports Nation board, which looked just like this. BtownBanners started up some time later and some folks gravitated there from HSN, and HSN went through a bit of a makeover. The old scout/HSN crew split in different directions between the two sites, with some obviously being present on both. I decided on BtownBanners primarily because of its familiarity to the old HSN layout. HSN was led by milehi, ColonialCrester, and HoosierFaithful seems to still be running things (remember him with his RFK avatar). CCGeneral and others were here. There is still the rivals crowd, which is the worst due to the cross-contamination of other schools' rivals forums. Not sure who is still on 24/7 (peegs), but I see some old handles on HSN like Badgervol, Parakeet Jones, Indykev, and the guy with the V for Vendetta avatar. 

Milehi, ColonialCrester and CCGeneral all passed away recently. I saw on rivals that Snowling also just unfortunately passed...

For a while we had GoColts (Old Friend) here, but I guess he got banned or is under another handle?

Going way back, does anyone know what happened to oggyiu? 

And another guy that I randomly remember was TakeMeBackto1987 who was a huge Maurice Creek fan. Is he still around or did he follow Creek to GW?

I have been lurking on IU boards forever.  I think I joined this board "officially" back in 2017 and haven't even posted until this week.  In addition to the people you have mentioned I remember a GovernmentCheese from one of the boards.

19 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Same.  I also miss the days of going into any game and feeling confident that we have the better coach. 

That's another reason I'm very high on Stevens. Dude has won in multiple ways. Has made it to the NC as a lower seed. At IU he can consistently get to the dance as a 4-5 seed or better. Add in his coaching acumen and we are a threat every year. That's all I can ask for. That's all any of us can ask for. 

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

I do worry what will happen here if it’s not Steven’s.  From everything I’ve heard, IU has done everything they can to bring him here.  But sometimes that’s not enough....and I’m in the camp of until he’s here, he’s not.

Yeah. If Brad says no, the fanbase needs to rally behind who the next guy is. But until then, go get Brad F’n Stevens. 

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I do worry what will happen here if it’s not Steven’s.  From everything I’ve heard, IU has done everything they can to bring him here.  But sometimes that’s not enough....and I’m in the camp of until he’s here, he’s not.

But at least it appears we are “trying everything possible”.  If it doesn’t work it’s not from not going for it.  I am thrilled that at least anecdotally, it seemed SD is fighting the good fight.  

3 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Yeah. If Brad says no, the fanbase needs to rally behind who the next guy is. But until then, go get Brad F’n Stevens. 

It all depends on who it is.  The level of apathy in regards to IU BB is at an all time high. If the announcement comes out for anyone other than Stevens or someone that has won a championship already.  That apathy is going to continue until some consistent winning occurs. 

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not.  Don’t have to worry anyway!! I don’t know a timetable before anyone asks.

I think this is the mindset for a large portion of the IU fanbase.