Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

National media and the rest of college basketball- “Oh f*ck! I’m afraid we just awakened a sleeping GIANT!!

You must be drinking......such language..lol

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Ryan Phillips is as good a national writer the IU fan base can ask for. He defends the fan base relentlessly and I believe he has sources. I don't think he runs with them much because he is a national journalist but he even said he knew the Archie buyout wasn't going to be an issue because he was told that.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Another homeless wanderer from HSN here (sorry not an insider, but do enjoy posting stats/trends). Love Assembly Call but Ryan does try to act a little smarter than he is at times and I'm not sure he's that much in the know. In the 19-20 season when Fire Archie talk came up in a post-game youtube show he was saying how we wouldn't because of the buyout and when several people in chat mentioned how his contract (like Crean's and most coaches) have it so a new job cancels out a good portion of the buyout he looked dumbfounded when he was reading it. Know Chris or IUWins did mention that the schools do still need to have the money for bookkeeping reasons but I just know he isn't always totally on his stuff. That being said, I've been listening to Assembly Call since 2015 and he is a nice perspective change from Jerrod/Andy/Coach.

1,000 users online right now! Dozens of guests. 

Im surprised they haven’t made this forum private! (No guests allowed) 

Impressive for 10PM.

Treesh deserves a position at BtB on top of director of the Brad Stevens to IU train for his sound financial advice to @IU Hoosier41

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

I’ve got 3 of em.... nothing that a little Bobby Knight treatment wouldn’t cure.... (I kid)

I always just tell him Im going to take him down to Chinatown and trade him for a pack of gum. But he always just giggles and smiles because he's a turd. 

1 minute ago, PritchardPutBack said:

Another homeless wanderer from HSN here (sorry not an insider, but do enjoy posting stats/trends). Love Assembly Call but Ryan does try to act a little smarter than he is at times and I'm not sure he's that much in the know. In the 19-20 season when Fire Archie talk came up in a post-game youtube show he was saying how we wouldn't because of the buyout and when several people in chat mentioned how his contract (like Crean's and most coaches) have it so a new job cancels out a good portion of the buyout he looked dumbfounded when he was reading it. Know Chris or IUWins did mention that the schools do still need to have the money for bookkeeping reasons but I just know he isn't always totally on his stuff. That being said, I've been listening to Assembly Call since 2015 and he is a nice perspective change from Jerrod/Andy/Coach.

Welcome, friend.

I think many are overlooking this very fact.
image.png.feb55b93ccb1cb3e305d2d29665c7443.png
I can't open the link. But tell me Old Fart are you drinking the kool-aid? Because if you do i will. I respect my elders' elders too much not too.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’ll be posting on both.  I cut my teeth over there and they are good dudes.  Hell let’s keep all the Mods busy on both boards.  Brad is going to keep a lot of people busy!!

Once this is over what will we have to talk about besides how many championships we will win

5 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I cannot wait to see how Purdue fans react! I know a few of them are nervous right now. 

For kicks and giggles, I took a peek at a Butler board. They're "breathing a sigh of relief" because Dan Patrick, who "has real sources," said earlier this has no chance of happening.