Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

10 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I’d say Saban worked out relatively well for not being an Alabama guy.

Yea, you got me there. I’d still like an Indiana guy, but I won’t be upset if he’s not and still a great coach. Hell, Knight wasn’t even from Indiana. Damn, I just killed my own post!

32 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This has been a wild week of speculation.  Loving it. 

My legit concern, almost more than getting Brad Stevens, is the unrealistic expectations our fanbase would have. 

I hope people will be reasonable.  

Feeling Brad Stevens feels up to the challenge.  

I told my buddy the same thing....

1 minute ago, hoosrnight said:

Yea, you got me there. I’d still like an Indiana guy, but I won’t be upset if he’s not and still a great coach. Hell, Knight wasn’t even from Indiana. Damn, I just killed my own post!

FYI,

I was joking because the Saban thing was such a softball.  All things equal I would also prefer a guy like Brad that grew up, and loved, the IU/Knight/passionate years. 

14 minutes ago, ISP said:

Btw guys, probably my last post tonight - and probably wrong thread. But Drew has legit interest in the job. So if Stevens doesn't sign, we still have awesome options. I know some don't like Drew for the Hanner thing, but I can vouch that he is class.

I think he’s my favorite fallback option.  Well, I like Oats too but Drew is 2a/b for me.  I like him more than Beard.  

1 minute ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I wonder if everyone is hearing this from the same IU player.  If so, it is apparently the most untrustworthy blabbermouth former player ever.  My vote is for Todd Leary.

well not really a blabbermouth as they have apparently not blabbed to the "big guy" in the sports media!

2 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I wonder if everyone is hearing this from the same IU player.  If so, it is apparently the most untrustworthy blabbermouth former player ever.  My vote is for Todd Leary.

Priller told me. Just sayin...

2 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I wonder if everyone is hearing this from the same IU player.  If so, it is apparently the most untrustworthy blabbermouth former player ever.  My vote is for Todd Leary or Dakich.

BTB people know who I’m usually talking about. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He’s the assistant that Dolson said he would have. He’s helping with things.

Glad to hear IT is involved. What a legendary ambassador for the program. I modeled my game after him. It did not work out so well for me but glad to see him involved. 

18 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Saw where some Hoosier fans said they would unfollow him unless he spilled the beans, so they did. LOL

He clearly doesn’t understand marketing and advertising. Customer acquisition baby! Giveaway value to your target audience! You’ll acquire a large following and become an authority. Monetize down the road. See Chris and Pap..... if they wanted to, they could put their info behind a paywall and many would pay. That wouldn’t be as effective if they hadn’t given as much value for free. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

He clearly doesn’t understand marketing and advertising. Customer acquisition baby! Giveaway value to your target audience! You’ll acquire a large following and become an authority. Monetize down the road. See Chris and Pap..... if they wanted to, they could put their info behind a paywall and many would pay. That wouldn’t be as effective if they hadn’t given as much value for free. 

There’s my Kelley guy.

Nice.