Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

6 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I’m just so excited to expect good basketball again, the way IU basketball is supposed to look. I know the folks who were around during the 70s and 80s got to witness it, and now I feel like my generation (im 35) will get to witness it as well. I expect a lot out of Brad, but only because he’s a great coach and will know exactly what Indiana basketball is supposed to represent.  I dont expect us to be national title contenders right off the bat, but I’m confident Brad will get us there sooner than later. Seriously one of the most exciting times IU has had in a long time, and I’m so glad to be around to be a part of it. 

I have been around for 3 championships and was so nice going into the year knowing you will be good.  Almost every year you knew the base was just getting to the tournament but the roof was the final 4.

6 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

ISP is legit guys. I know it is hard to tell these days. He is a long time guy at our site. He is far from a blowhard or attention seeker.

If he posts it, he believes it and has credibility. He is 100% class.

Just dropping in to vouch for an old "friend".

Nice to see you Bluegrass

7 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

It won't matter how many stars recruits have if he wins. This goes for whomever the coach is.

Brad has proven he can coach kids to play basketball and play as a team. I hope he recruits the players he wants, not just the top ranked (if he comes). But yeah, some people only see the star rankings.  

For some reason I think our teams roster would look a lot like UVA under Bennett.

14 minutes ago, JB_Nomee said:

My question is if there’s actually an announcement tomorrow, what would they be meeting about again today if it’s a done deal ready to be announced? And who was in the meeting? 

I don't know how the meeting went, my guy didn't even know the location. A separate guy (former player) randomly said expect and announcement tomorrow. But I don't ever trust former players lol.

--

I'm hitting up my lines, trying to see what I can find, but I'll be surprised if I get anything tonight. I got the "flight/meeting"  text at 5am this morning and then didnt even see it till later i the afternoon. If anything about tomorrow is real, I'd expect a lot more chatter to come out from a lot of random places.

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This has been a wild week of speculation.  Loving it. 

My legit concern, almost more than getting Brad Stevens, is the unrealistic expectations our fanbase would have. 

I hope people will be reasonable.  

Feeling Brad Stevens feels up to the challenge.  

I feel like the Indiana fans I know appreciate fundamentally sound, well coached teams. I think most know this won’t be an immediate turnaround, and are willing to let the next coach build his success. Obviously I can’t speak for everyone, but I think most just want to see effort and improvement. Obviously at some point, we want another banner, but no one should be expecting it in the next couple years. Let’s make the tournament first!

30 minutes ago, hoosrnight said:

This is me! I don’t necessarily need our coach to be an IU guy, but I’d love and INDIANA guy. Someone who grew up in the state and understands what basketball means in the state. I’ve been in Alabama for the last 25 years. They understand me. It’s that way here with football. That being said, my daughter is 24 and still rocks a lot of IU gear even though she was born in Bama. 

I’d say Saban worked out relatively well for not being an Alabama guy.

8 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

It won't matter how many stars recruits have if he wins. This goes for whomever the coach is.

Brad has proven he can coach kids to play basketball and play as a team. I hope he recruits the players he wants, not just the top ranked (if he comes). But yeah, some people only see the star rankings.  

He really didn't have the luxury of recruiting the top level talent except for his last year at Butler as it was then a member of the Horizon League.  His name and our name should be a huge difference maker.