Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

7 minutes ago, akumanina said:

Can Purdue help us out and hire Archie so IU won't need to pay the buyout?

Actually, PU could help with the buyout very easily: Hire Teri Moren. Her contract has a $10M buyout if the Toiletmakers hire her! 

But nobody wants that to happen. She's done a great job in B-town. 

Since this thread is dedicated to the prospect of obtaining Stevens for many, many years and it's a lot of speculation, let's talk about what happens WHEN it happens. Name me a better profile than this for a CBB HC:

• Proven strategic coach that can win at any level (enter, Butler)
  • Makes ballers out of players (Enter, Hayward)
  • Beautiful in-game tactician
  • Moralistic side of me: GREAT human
  • NBA ties (hello, recruiting)
  • Indiana kid with Indiana ties
  • Strikes absolute fear into every program in the country, top to bottom
  • Kids will be, in my opinion, lining up to play for him just based on how he wins and who he knows. He never had that at Butler.
  • Could build the most powerful bench strength in assistants known to CBB

Just thought this would be fun. Help me add to it...it will help pass the time.

22 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Am I the only one feeling more skeptical the longer this takes?

Man...you don't have ANY patience at all !  I thought I owned that trait. 

It's only been what...3 days since Archie got fired? 

We've gone from "No way in hell", to "will he listen", to an "alleged" meeting (or more), to insiders saying "it's looking real good". That's one helluva journey in 3 days.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If it is going down tomorrow I hope they wait until I get home.  I promised my great nephew to take him to top golf tomorrow, not thinking about it being the first day of the tournament.

I told the principal where I work if it went down tomorrow I was giving the kids busy work and streaming ESPN. She is a big fan too and said that was fine. 

If it does go down tomorrow I can see some of the national media guys getting all sanctimonious saying we shouldn’t be trying to steal the spotlight from the tournament. 

You got that right.  They swung hard at the fast ball and looks like it’s almost out of the park only issue is if it turns out to be foul or not. 

So is that code for we through a bunch of money at him and now it’s up to Brad, or we through a bunch of money at him and he said yes as long as Celtics agree?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Well I have the day off tomorrow me and my 5 month son start a tradition of watching the tournament lol. News breaks were going to be chugging beer and milk for sure

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Start him with something easy.

Natty Light comes to mind..