Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, iuthruandthru said:

I would also note free BuffaLouie’s as all recruits seem to end up there when they visit.  Plus Yogis chicken tenders and Buffalo chips for life!  And keep pepperoni stuffed sticks from kilroys as a last resort.

Wayyyyy under rating Kilroys bread sticks

52 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You really think it could last through June? 

I just don't see any way it can be kept a secret that long...and once the tournament is over all of the other prospective hires will be free...Plus, it seems to me it would kill recruiting with both high school and transfer kids...

And once it DOES get out, I honestly don't see where Brad Stevens could step foot in a Celtics' locker room without a crapload of fallout...

Exactly. If we don't have a coach in a month then either it's absolutely Stevens or Dolson is having trouble locking in Plan B. I can't see anyway BS can leave IU AND Boston twisting in the wind for 2+ mos though. That does a disservice to both and would be the worst kept secret ever. I also can't see him finishing the season with Boston if he and they know he's leaving. Could be wrong, but what is the point to that? He needs to get rolling in B-town and they need to move on. A protracted divorce would be toxic for all involved. 

My guess is IU has announced the new coach before April 10th at the latest. I expect it before that even. 

Guy in Peegs chat..

"Flight just landed in Bloomington from dallas. Same plane is headed to white plains. There is also a plane going from Boston area to white plains at basically same time. Isaiah Thomas lives in white plains NY."

Formal request to change my name to Pepe Silvia...

Pepe Silvia | Know Your Meme

6 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/celtic-wire-q-brad-are-you-interested-in-the-indiana-job.208732/

@JerryYeagley23 's post has them a bit worried. 

Their team is in the tournament as a protected seed and yesterday 7 out of the first 10 topics were about IU. 

Never change GBI, never change.

Love the idiot saying he hopes we hire him, because he's guaranteed to fall short of expectations. 

Those people are pathetic. I hate that place. 

8 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

If they wanted IU to pay Romeo's salary, they would just include a buyout addendum to Brad's contract.  The original question was whether an NBA team could fund the buyout, and I would contend that they could via draft picks.  I doubt it could be a straight cash exchange due to the crazy NBA trade balancing rules.

It was a joke....as in, they drafted Romeo out of Indiana and they got a G league player.

4 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I would also note free BuffaLouie’s as all recruits seem to end up there when they visit.  Plus Yogis chicken tenders and Buffalo chips for life!  And keep pepperoni stuffed sticks from kilroys as a last resort.

Ummm...

7 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/celtic-wire-q-brad-are-you-interested-in-the-indiana-job.208732/

Their team is in the tournament as a protected seed and yesterday 7 out of the first 10 topics were about IU. 

They're worried.  

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Love the idiot saying he hopes we hire him, because he's guaranteed to fall short of expectations. 

Those people are pathetic. I hate that place. 

Let them be happy that we hire Brad... I am Ok with it! 

Personally, I do want our games with PU to be competitive - just we win 4 out of 5.

12 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

That crowd is delusional...Yesterday one of them said "blue blood" status should be determined by who are the last 3 teams that have had a 5 seed or above the last 3 years...Guess who fulfilled that requirement? 

Edited by IUFLA

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

That crowd is delusional...Yesterday one of them said "blue blood" status should be determined by who are the last 3 teams that have had a 5 seed or about the last 3 years...Guess who fulfilled that requirement? 

lol purdue of course

40 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Agree.  Let's logic our way through this thing.  Brad decides last night to go to IU.  He tells Danny this morning.  Danny tells him to give him 48 hours to figure out how the Celtics want to handle it.  I would imagine that even after they figure out how to handle it, they still have to look for a new coach (if he isn't staying until the end of the season), put together a press release, prepare remarks for a presser, and tell the team before any of that can happen.  It is entirely possible that nothing is announced until after their next game.

Everybody take a deep breath.  I realize that waiting sucks and we all are feeling snake-bitten by the Billy Donovan situation but these things take time and we just have to wait for the process to play out.

That is all plausible. Honestly I knew you were smart based on your screen-name, this just confirmed it. 

jeremiah_johnson_nodding-Robert-Redford.gif.9c1e4b25ed6c1abad7e031249fd1462b.gif

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

That crowd is delusional...Yesterday one of them said "blue blood" status should be determined by who are the last 3 teams that have had a 5 seed or about the last 3 years...Guess who fulfilled that requirement? 

Well, there were no 5 seeds or above last year...so that should disqualify everyone.