Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I don't think so.  That is essentially what the Celtics forced the Clippers to do in order to release Doc Rivers.  Danny made them cough up a first round pick in order to release Doc to sign with the team.

I would actually be shocked if Danny wasn't trying to stick it to the Pacers for a draft pick in order to release Brad.  I also wouldn't be shocked if he isn't trying to trade for another head coach after hearing that Brad is leaving.

4 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I don't think so.  That is essentially what the Celtics forced the Clippers to do in order to release Doc Rivers.  Danny made them cough up a first round pick in order to release Doc to sign with the team.

So what do we have to give up?  Pay Romeo’s salary?

Given the 10mil buyout and big money promised for the “transition”, in my opinion that doesn’t mean anybody but Beard or Stevens. Who would risk tens of millions of dollars just to try out Musselman or Fife or Drew or anyone else? Nah, it smells like it’s Beard or Stevens. 

Just now, Me So Hornsby said:

It definitely feels like there is a reason we have not had more people end up in the transfer portal

I try to put myself in that situation, would I stay on "maybe we have the golden boy"?  I doubt it

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

So what do we have to give up?  Pay Romeo’s salary?

If they wanted IU to pay Romeo's salary, they would just include a buyout addendum to Brad's contract.  The original question was whether an NBA team could fund the buyout, and I would contend that they could via draft picks.  I doubt it could be a straight cash exchange due to the crazy NBA trade balancing rules.

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/celtic-wire-q-brad-are-you-interested-in-the-indiana-job.208732/
[mention=8368]JerryYeagley23[/mention] 's post has them a bit worried. 
Their team is in the tournament as a protected seed and yesterday 7 out of the first 10 topics were about IU. 
Never change GBI, never change.

Hey they ripped my screenshot of Yeagleys post! I’m famous!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Maybe throw in a Mother Bears gift card?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I would also note free BuffaLouie’s as all recruits seem to end up there when they visit.  Plus Yogis chicken tenders and Buffalo chips for life!  And keep pepperoni stuffed sticks from kilroys as a last resort.

4 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

No players entering the transfer portal. Can't being to describe how big of a deal this is. Cincinnati only has 4!! players left on the roster due to the COVID transfer rule. Our guys can leave a failing program with no coach whenever they want. Why aren't they? Because they were told a grand slam is coming in (without naming him, of course) and they all have an idea of who it is. It's beyond speculation otherwise our mediocre program would be fully vacated right now. Truth.

+1 Look at the mess at PSU as well. I think at least 6 players have entered the portal.