Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

19 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Again, I think this is fishing for an answer you cannot or will not get.  I understand going the skeptics route until the ink is dry.  Totally get that.  This program has been a kick in the balls for 2 decades.

That being said, nothing these guys are going to be willing to give you is going to overcome your skepticism.  You'll just have to wait it out.

I was referring to things in the public sphere, not fishing for extra insider information.

22 minutes ago, Seawolf82 said:

My biggest fear is that the Celtics are putting together a counter offer, but the way their current season is going, I think it would be a hard sell to the fans.

If he wants to leave not much they can counter with:

Money? If he's leaving its not for more money, so more money wouldn't get him to stay.

(More) GM power? That hasn't worked out well for most dual coach/GMs historically

Ownership? Cool, but really just more money in the end

I think this is the least of our worries. 

4 minutes ago, Maynard said:

I was referring to things in the public sphere, not fishing for extra insider information.

Yeah but that is just tea leaf reading.

I support your skepticism, I am usually in that category myself.  I just don't think we will have anything concrete until we see an official yes or no.

1 minute ago, raorIU said:

Is it collusion if you own a NBA team and fund the "buy out" of a competing team's coach? Just hypothetically ...

I don't think so.  That is essentially what the Celtics forced the Clippers to do in order to release Doc Rivers.  Danny made them cough up a first round pick in order to release Doc to sign with the team.