Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

3 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Am I the only one not buying the certainty all of this Brad Stevens talk?  Sure, if I squint really hard and look for "Brad Crumbs" I can concoct a scenario where it is plausible.  I just find it much more likely that this is a replay of Billy Donovan all over again.

The most compelling piece of "evidence" so far is Brad's presser before the Jazz game.  He seemed like someone really considering what it would be like to come home.  The timing seems right from an outsider's perspective.  I don't find it unreasonable that Stevens would consider IU.  I just think that the excitement is way overblown for the evidence presented.  In other words, quit getting me excited that this might happen, my kids keep asking me why my eyes are watering!

After what happened with Billy D four years ago, you are not the only one.

I won't believe it until I see him at a presser in Assembly Hall.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'd like to believe if Beard was the target, he'd tell Dolson to wait until his team was ousted before talking...I'd like to believe that...

well that too...of course. Hypothetically in 3 weeks if Beard was the guy and he was ousted; you can't announce him with half of the fan base still thinking you have a realistic shot at Brad Stevens. That's rain on the parade. 

So I just got back from getting my first COVID shot, and I was sure while I was away the Brad coming to IU news would have came out and I would have to sift through a 100 pages of posts. Now I will go back to my regularly not getting any work done and hitting refresh every couple minutes.

11 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Eleven days. Clappy was canned on 03/16/2017. CAM was announced on 03/27/2017.

Dayton's last game that year was the 17th.  I think having a college coach you are chasing can play with the timeline a bit too.  Additionally, based on rumors, I don't think the decision to fire Crean was in the works as long as this was.

It could be tomorrow, it could be June.

If you think that is the only piece of evidence than I can’t help you. I’ve laid out exactly what had gone on for the last month. This has been in the works for a while. 
In fairness he may not be familiar with you or your insane credibility. I was holding back telling my wife stevens was a possibility but I caved in and said you were saying it is likely so I believe it will happen!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Patience is a virtue.  Enjoy the ball games guys and gals.  We are in a good place.  Speculate all you want but it’s not helping anything or anyone.  If, that’s a big IF, something changes I’ll spill the beans.  Don’t think I have to worry about that though.  I think I’m going to drink some beer and watch some ball tonight all the while having a smile on my face!

Does this mean no announcement until Final Four?

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Dayton's last game that year was the 17th.  I think having a college coach you are chasing can play with the timeline a bit too.  Additionally, based on rumors, I don't think the decision to fire Crean was in the works as long as this was.

I don't disagree... was just answering the question from @Treesh

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You really think it could last through June? 

I just don't see any way it can be kept a secret that long...and once the tournament is over all of the other prospective hires will be free...Plus, it seems to me it would kill recruiting with both high school and transfer kids...

And once it DOES get out, I honestly don't see where Brad Stevens could step foot in a Celtics' locker room without a crapload of fallout...

Am I the only one not buying the certainty all of this Brad Stevens talk?  Sure, if I squint really hard and look for "Brad Crumbs" I can concoct a scenario where it is plausible.  I just find it much more likely that this is a replay of Billy Donovan all over again.
The most compelling piece of "evidence" so far is Brad's presser before the Jazz game.  He seemed like someone really considering what it would be like to come home.  The timing seems right from an outsider's perspective.  I don't find it unreasonable that Stevens would consider IU.  I just think that the excitement is way overblown for the evidence presented.  In other words, quit getting me excited that this might happen, my kids keep asking me why my eyes are watering!

Nope. I'm not either

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, IU-DL said:

He spoke at my church one. Used a very simple logic: I don't care if we win by 1 or 21, we just need to have the ball and control of the game at the end. Or something like that. He's simple and funny. And quite faithful.

He and Coach Allen will get along real well....

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I just don't see any way it can be kept a secret that long...and once the tournament is over all of the other prospective hires will be free...Plus, it seems to me it would kill recruiting with both high school and transfer kids...

And once it DOES get out, I honestly don't see where Brad Stevens could step foot in a Celtics' locker room without a crapload of fallout...

Yeah...no way I think it lasts until June. It would be the worst kept secret in history. I would venture a guess that it will come out sometime in the next week. If lawyers are involved ironing out details it could definitely be a few days (or more).

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I would hope it would not last that long, but if you think you have the great white whale on your hook, you continue to battle until you got him in your boat....no matter how long it takes.

20 minutes ago, Maynard said:

That's how I feel too. It's not a slight toward any of the insiders in here or anything. It's just that the Billy Donovan fiasco plus our general bad luck over the past two decades has me not believing something this good could actually happen to us. I'm a nonbeliever until I see the official IU release.