Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Many have commented that the SSAH experience needs to be spruced up. So, I offer you this ... 

As we take the court next season, the lights go out, spotlights shine all around, the music cranks up to a 1970s rock 'n' roll song by an English band -- or the Five Finger Death Punch version if you prefer. Here are the lyrics ... 

A basketball team always on the run
A destiny, oh it's the rising sun
We were born, basketballs in our hands
On the court
We make our final stand, yeah
That's why they call us

Brad company
We can't deny
Brad, Brad company
'Til the day we die
Until the day we die

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I know for a fact with 100% certainty he did. Kellen got a very unpleasant phone call from Crean after he committed to Butler. 

Well.. then we didn't recruit him early enough. I also don't think we had any room at that point. Obviously for a different thread and time though. 

46 minutes ago, BGleas said:

More importantly probably for whether that dinner took play is that I believe it would have been against the NBA Covid protocols. 

Interesting.  Good to know.

Edit:  confirmed st elmos was cleared so seems to be good

Edited by iuthruandthru

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Heard on the Kent Sterling show that Brad's wife is on the BOT at Butler.  Would this effect anyway in Brad coming to IU to coach.

If she is making $10M dollars a year then maybe, if she isn’t then I doubt it.  

First off, I hope it's Brad. I really do. 
But, I just don't want there to be one of two things to happen...
1) We get Brad and expectations are through the roof from the start and fans start questioning his abilities. He wouldn't be coming into a perfect situation and would need some time to right the ship. His name's Brad, not God. 
2) We don't get him, get a really qualified coach still, and yet aren't 100% behind him as we feel there was a big letdown. 
I've had the same thoughts

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Many have commented that the SSAH experience needs to be spruced up. So, I offer you this ... 

As we take the court next season, the lights go out, spotlights shine all around, the music cranks up to a 1970s rock 'n' roll song by an English band -- or the Five Finger Death Punch version if you prefer. Here are the lyrics ... 

A basketball team always on the run
A destiny, oh it's the rising sun
We were born, basketballs in our hands
On the court
We make our final stand, yeah
That's why they call us

Brad company
We can't deny
Brad, Brad company
'Til the day we die
Until the day we die

I'm in.  Five Finger Death Punch (pre-rehab) was awesome.  Damn rehab.

41 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

In retaliation for hiring Brad, Goodman and the rest of the talking heads would have us ranked dead last!

And in that case, rankings would not matter... and everyone would know... I could live with that!

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Heard on the Kent Sterling show that Brad's wife is on the BOT at Butler.  Would this effect anyway in Brad coming to IU to coach.

It shouldnt, they are married but they are still two separate people.  It’s not like it’s a conflict of interest or anything. I see absolutely zero issues on this point.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

This guy is a bit dramatic, no?c1693f3e409756eb5b97d2927c225f22.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

He just wants to be right and promote himself after that as a basketball insider.  So far he’s been spot on, but I agree he seems desperate