Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, Bankshot said:

I've seen, read, and know a decent amount about Brad's coaching skills and style while at Butler. But for those of us who didn't follow Butler quite as closely, can someone provide a quick summary of his general approach...type of player(s), roster construction, recruiting focus, offensive/defensive schemes, low turnovers/value the ball, etc.?

Is it guard centric, wing centric? Long/tall wings? Traditional bigs or lo/hi? etc.

Thanks!

From what I know, I heard he uses statical analysis a lot for games and when it comes to recruiting, he does not go after the top players, but rather strong ones. 

Just now, Capt. Crimson said:

He draws up plays that allow his players to put the basketball in the hoop

He spoke at my church one. Used a very simple logic: I don't care if we win by 1 or 21, we just need to have the ball and control of the game at the end. Or something like that. He's simple and funny. And quite faithful.

4 minutes ago, Bankshot said:

I've seen, read, and know a decent amount about Brad's coaching skills and style while at Butler. But for those of us who didn't follow Butler quite as closely, can someone provide a quick summary of his general approach...type of player(s), roster construction, recruiting focus, offensive/defensive schemes, low turnovers/value the ball, etc.?

Is it guard centric, wing centric? Long/tall wings? Traditional bigs or lo/hi? etc.

Thanks!

Peep this

https://youtu.be/LmSNj2znNcw

1 minute ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

From what I know, I heard he uses statical analysis a lot for games and when it comes to recruiting, he does not go after the top players, but rather strong ones. 

His recruiting tactics may be different in the B1G than they were in the Horizon League. That said player development should greatly improve.

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Heard on the Kent Sterling show that Brad's wife is on the BOT at Butler.  Would this effect anyway in Brad coming to IU to coach.

I can think of about 7 million reasons why it wouldn't.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

This guy is a bit dramatic, no?c1693f3e409756eb5b97d2927c225f22.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Yeah this guy is kind of rubbing me the wrong way. Also feels way too good to be true 

4 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Oh yes! Completely forgot they were in the Horizon League back in 2010

That said he did land Kellen Dunham who was ranked around 88 and Matt Howard who was around 122 according to 247. Kellen is Butler’s highest ever rated recruit and Matt is ranked their fourth highest. Kellen chose Butler over IU too fwiw. 

11 minutes ago, Bankshot said:

Thanks!

The thing I remember most about Stevens' Butler teams was just how tough they were, mentally and physically.  They weren't necessarily bigger or stronger (in most cases they weren't), but they got every loose ball, every 50-50 rebound etc.  They made you really uncomfortable on the defensive end.  They were just really tough to play against.  

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

That said he did land Kellen Dunham who was ranked around 88 and Matt Howard who was around 122 according to 247. Kellen is Butler’s highest ever rated recruit and Matt is ranked their fourth highest. Kellen chose Butler over IU too fwiw. 

I don't think so.