Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, mark1981 said:

Assuming we get Brad Stevens.  Will we be preseason ranked in the top ten just due to his presence? Similar to UK and Duke.

In retaliation for hiring Brad, Goodman and the rest of the talking heads would have us ranked dead last!

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They confirmed earlier that St Elmos is on the approved list. 

Several Celtics were at St Elmos. My future son in law is a huge C fan. I gave him the heads up that I heard many would be there that day to have dinner. He saw several of them and took some pics Not out of the question that BS was there

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

As the roster is constructed now? No. Get some good transfers and maybe a top 25 team.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Well, Duke and UK get a high ranking without knowing squat about the roster.  I think both were in the top 10 to start this season.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Heard on the Kent Sterling show that Brad's wife is on the BOT at Butler.  Would this effect anyway in Brad coming to IU to coach.

Just checked she is on the BoT

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

As the roster is constructed now? No. Get some good transfers and maybe a top 25 team.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

If he can get TJD back and a couple decent grad transfers we should be able to compete with most.  We swept Iowa and could've swept Illinois this season.  Both could potentially get to the FF and the Illini could possibly win it all.

I've seen, read, and know a decent amount about Brad's coaching skills and style while at Butler. But for those of us who didn't follow Butler quite as closely, can someone provide a quick summary of his general approach...type of player(s), roster construction, recruiting focus, offensive/defensive schemes, low turnovers/value the ball, etc.?

Is it guard centric, wing centric? Long/tall wings? Traditional bigs or lo/hi? etc.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Heard on the Kent Sterling show that Brad's wife is on the BOT at Butler.  Would this effect anyway in Brad coming to IU to coach.

Might be a personal issue for her, but the 2 schools really aren't rivals in the sense we are with a B1G school so I don't see her as a trustee at Butler and Brad as coach of IU a big deal.  Trustees oversee the university as a whole and not simply a bball program.  

2 minutes ago, Bankshot said:

I've seen, read, and know a decent amount about Brad's coaching skills and style while at Butler. But for those of us who didn't follow Butler quite as closely, can someone provide a quick summary of his general approach...type of player(s), roster construction, recruiting focus, offensive/defensive schemes, low turnovers/value the ball, etc.?

Is it guard centric, wing centric? Long/tall wings? Traditional bigs or lo/hi? etc.

Thanks!

He draws up plays that allow his players to put the basketball in the hoop