Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, tdhoosier said:

I have not watched the Celtics much at all. I can't remember Steven's days at Butler either.

I do know that he's very much respected for an X's and O's standpoint. If he were to come back to college, are there any insights to what his system would look like. Looking at you @bgleas :)...and others who would like to chime in. 

Does he cater his system to the players or does he try and make the players fit into his system?
Did he zone at Butler much? or was it pretty much man to man. 
Does he spread the floor on offense and shoot? Is it fast paced? 

He made it to back to back NC games with pretty contrasting styles of ball. Dude is versatile. Definitely sets who he has up for success. 

Just now, tdhoosier said:

I have not watched the Celtics much at all. I can't remember Steven's days at Butler either.

I do know that he's very much respected for an X's and O's standpoint. If he were to come back to college, are there any insights to what his system would look like. Looking at you @bgleas :)...and others who would like to chime in. 

Does he cater his system to the players or does he try and make the players fit into his system?
Did he zone at Butler much? or was it pretty much man to man. 
Does he spread the floor on offense and shoot? Is it fast paced? 

Go back to the 2012 Crossroads Classic.  He outcoached the current Georgia coach with far less talent when we were ranked #1 in the country.  Vic hit a late clutch layup and then their WALK-ON point guard hit the dagger at the buzzer

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Could be that that tweeter picked the 28th because he knew it’d look legitimate dude to the Celtics being in town. If he picked a day they were, in say, LA everyone would know he’s lying. 

These guys are better than political peeps. They at least care to do some research and make it realistic lol. 

1 minute ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Saw this but lol @ the thought of Brad eating with Dolson at St. Elmo's and no one thinking anything of it.

I am not saying it happened, but St Elmos has private rooms for special people, Pacers and Colts are always eating there in privacy, Manning used to live there. I don't think it would have been Dolson eating with him either. More likely the guys who ponied up the buyout. Since Stevens was in Indy for 3-4 days anyways for games, wouldn't make anyone bat an eye at all. 

He never said it was Dolson, rather some influential brass. Can be someone on the board who people wouldn’t know from Adam even. Possibilities are endless. That being said, who knows. Also...

Brad Stevens. 

3 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Saw this but lol @ the thought of Brad eating with Dolson at St. Elmo's and no one thinking anything of it.

THere is a lower level that the restaurant has.  Manning has used it multiple times for private events.  They could have easily of been there and no one would have known.

2 minutes ago, Shoes_N_Shorts said:

I have a hard time believing that this could take place and NO ONE heard or saw a thing. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, but it strains credulity.

Lots of private dining rooms available and everyone's wearing masks these days so staying unrecognized wouldn't be that terribly difficult.  And the staff at these kinds of establishments definitely know how to keep their lips sealed.

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Could be that that tweeter picked the 28th because he knew it’d look legitimate dude to the Celtics being in town. If he picked a day they were, in say, LA everyone would know he’s lying. 

Could be true; but before this post Chris did say this guy has been on the money with everything he has heard. 

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

THere is a lower level that the restaurant has.  Manning has used it multiple times for private events.  They could have easily of been there and no one would have known.

Would a meeting such as this in late December 2020 between game dates have met any NBA or franchise COVID protocols?