Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

4 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

First question at Brad's press conference from Jeff Goodman:  "Brad, I was told you were going to be the coach at Indiana.  What happened?"

Brad: "Who the hell told you I wasnt going to be the coach at Indiana?  I wanna know.  They were from Btownbanners right?  No.  Weren't from Btownbanners and you didn't hear from anyone at Btownbanners. There are only 2 people in the world who are going to tell you I'm not going to be here.  One is Btownbanners and the other is me.  Now I'll handle this the way I want to handle it now that I'm here. You f***Ed it enough to begin with.  Now just sit there or leave".

"Now..... back to the game."

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Listening to this NBA Podcast I listen to daily.. 

They mentioned someone hit them up saying Indiana is offering $49/7. 

Wasn’t expecting to hear this on this specific Podcast. 

spot on with what Chris had mentioned or dang close at least

That's definitely the number I've seen in a few places now... here's hoping its a legitimate source they're hearing it from and not just someone sending on Twitter.

A little less than I’ve been told but a substantial amount nonetheless 

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

What podcast 

15 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I could see them having rights to his NBA coaching, but beyond that I don't see how it'd stand because IU isn't really a competitor.  I'm not a lawyer though.

The non compete in the contract would have to be in the interest of protecting an organization's legitimate business interests.  All that said, I am sure that Brad just wants to be clear of the Celtics having rights to him and they are negotiating how much it will be for IU to purchase those rights (which are essentially worthless to Indiana).  It would be difficult for the Celtic's to claim that preventing Brad from going to IU protects their legitimate business interests, but the larger point is that something that you really want to litigate?

5 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

In terms of flights; are we sure it wasn't Wentz coming to Indy?

Don't think those were the tail #'s involved earlier. Pretty sure Carson would have taken one of these jets. All registered with Colts training facility address.

I can't see a scenario in which the Celtics would try to force Stevens to stay past this year if he tells them he wants out. That would be a horrible idea for any number of reasons. I'm thinking the future NBA rights is probably one big sticking point, and timing being the other (does he finish out the season or not).

Edit: It's also possible the Celtics try to match/throw more $$ at Stevens to entice him to stay, although that seems less likely given the recent extension.

Edited by IU Prof

I have not watched the Celtics much at all. I can't remember Steven's days at Butler either.

I do know that he's very much respected for an X's and O's standpoint. If he were to come back to college, are there any insights to what his system would look like. Looking at you @bgleas :)...and others who would like to chime in. 

Does he cater his system to the players or does he try and make the players fit into his system?
Did he zone at Butler much? or was it pretty much man to man. 
Does he spread the floor on offense and shoot? Is it fast paced? 

Just now, tdhoosier said:

I have not watched the Celtics much at all. I can't remember Steven's days at Butler either.

I do know that he's very much respected for an X's and O's standpoint. If he were to come back to college, are there any insights to what his system would look like. Looking at you @bgleas :)...and others who would like to chime in. 

Does he cater his system to the players or does he try and make the players fit into his system?
Did he zone at Butler much? or was it pretty much man to man. 
Does he spread the floor on offense and shoot? Is it fast paced?