Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

7 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Ouch. That one hurt. As the truth often does...

But you have to believe... Dolson has the stones to at least try... and as Hannibal Smith said "I love it when a plan comes together"! 

As a long time Bears and Cubs fan, I often make sport of the McCaskeys, and the McRicketts (my name for them after going on the cheap the last few years) and their fondness for hanging onto a dollar...

It seems AD Dolson pretty much negated any BOT issues by going out and finding the money through donors...And I'm impressed by that...Follows one of my favorite sayings from Henry Ford..."Don't find fault, find a remedy."

And it makes sense (at least to me) what the insiders here are saying about this being a long ongoing process...I'd say the great persuader for me was hearing they let the Stevens' tell them what it would take, and then showing it to the donors...

I always have been a "bird in the hand" guy as I'm sure the donors are...

16 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Lol it is your decision to listen to what a poster shares on here. Take it or leave it, but don't call them out for it and act like they owe you anything. 

Thank you EVERYONE for what you bring to this board. Lets all just enjoy the ride, GO HOOSIERS.

If this is directed at me for my post to IUWins, then please understand that I wasn’t calling him out. Just like many others follow up a post with something like “Where did you hear this from?” or “Does this guy’s Twitter feed have any credibility?”, I was merely hoping to learn what his inside presence is, considering he made a very bold prediction in an absolute manner and many others were excited to hear it from him (much like we get excited to hear things from Chris on BTB). 

Of course it’s a choice to read what others share. And when someone says with certainty IU is hiring Brad Stevens, of course I want to know how they know this. And, as a discussion thread on a forum, I’m entitled to ask questions as much as the next guy. I understood and made it clear in my post he didn’t owe me anything, but that I would be grateful if he could share more about where his knowledge comes from. He obliged and I’m grateful for it. Like I said, I want to know another like Chris who I can rely on. Not everyone posting on social media sites are sharing true insider knowledge, and I would argue most are not. People like Chris and 0708 make this site the go-to place for finding out the real scoop when it’s made available to them. I appreciate them sharing, just as I appreciate the dialogue from everyone else here.

I was not at all calling anyone out. I was asking for more information since he was the only one who claimed with certainty it was a done deal and claimed he had an inside source. I’ve never been on HSN, so I know no one from that forum. I wondered how he’s connected to learn of such things.

If your post was directed at me, then so be it. I thought I made myself clear in my original post.  I was merely trying to understand how someone could be so certain. It’s what many of us do when someone reveals any news on here. 

And I will use your words and say again what I had already said before, thank you everyone for what you bring to the board.

Enjoy your day. And, yes, go Hoosiers. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

All good people. Just listen to Chris and IUwins. Both are as credible as they come. Since both are on the same page, we have no reason to worry

We all seem to be overlooking some nice little nuggets from JerryYeagley. I haven't been as active on this board until this past season but the little I've seen him (or her) post, it seems to always carry a lot of weight. He dropped a tasty little bomb around midnight last night, that I stumbled upon in my 3:51am stupor. Kudos to Chris, IUwins, and Jerry for their willingness to share. 

23 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Wish they would have elaborated more on why Stevens contract with Boston does not allow him to just quit and then go coach Indiana. 

I’m not a lawyer or legal expert, but that restrictive of a contract could be thrown out by a judge if it is ruled that the implementation of the terms are unconscionable right?  

2 minutes ago, ClusterHead said:

I’m not a lawyer or legal expert, but that restrictive of a contract could be thrown out by a judge if it is ruled that the implementation of the terms are unconscionable right?  

I can't see a feasible scenario where they stop Brad Stevens from leaving.

There could be a scenario where Boston would still control his NBA rights, meaning if Stevens ever wanted go to the NBA again he would either have to return to Boston or whichever team hires him would have to orchestrate a trade for his rights from Boston prior to signing him, but yeah I don't think a contract stating "you literally can't leave this job" would ever be upheld.

4 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

We all seem to be overlooking some nice little nuggets from JerryYeagley. I haven't been as active on this board until this past season but the little I've seen him (or her) post, it seems to always carry a lot of weight. He dropped a tasty little bomb around midnight last night, that I stumbled upon in my 3:51am stupor. Kudos to Chris, IUwins, and Jerry for their willingness to share. 

Great catch. Missed it earlier. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

I can't see a feasible scenario where they stop Brad Stevens from leaving.

There could be a scenario where Boston would still control his NBA rights, meaning if Stevens ever wanted go to the NBA again he would either have to return to Boston or whichever team hires him would have to orchestrate a trade for his rights from Boston prior to signing him, but yeah I don't think a contract stating "you literally can't leave this job" would ever be upheld.

I would not be surprised if part of the negotiation is to keep Brad free to return to the NBA if that were to be something he wanted to pursue. If this is all happening I would hope he retires a Hoosier, but you never know. 

4 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I definitely skipped over that when catching up this morning.  Thank you for emphasizing that post.  

2 words that could define the date! 

I’d like to think maybe his wife being a lawyer/his agent would help things on his part as far as being able to leave and having things all set up, but I guess terms and conditions  would be the same no matter who his agent is. 

7 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Yes. He dropped something nice at midnight for the late night crowd. 

6 minutes ago, ClusterHead said:

I would think it would be hard to limit him from working in a non competitive environment.  Now I have heard that they would own his rights if he came back to the NBA but that is completely different than saying he cannot go to indiana seems hard to believe.

A little off topic, but I can relate it to the current topic. So random phone call from my mother, asking if I had any IU gear that I would want to have signed by Damon Bailey, uh yes, I have a IU Looney Toons shirt from like 1994-5 ish that is signed by Chris Reynolds and Steve Hart. He is apparently supposed to be at her office this week and I told her to hold him hostage so I could ask questions if we don't have any breaking news before he gets there, lol. I could see that motherly look and eye roll through the phone, as she said just get me the damn shirt.

Correction: The shirt is signed by Pat Graham and Chris Reynolds! I have something else signed by Steve Hart.