Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If the McCaskey's were on the BOT, I'd worry too...

Ouch. That one hurt. As the truth often does...

But you have to believe... Dolson has the stones to at least try... and as Hannibal Smith said "I love it when a plan comes together"! 

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Goodman has no scope on IU, he's complaining that it's "dead" on Georgia street in downtown Indy.  Were in a global pandemic ya goof not many people will be out and about.  

Goodman is an *******.  He is one guy that we should be all up in his **** if Stevens does end up here.  Know nothing hack.

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Wish they would have elaborated more on why Stevens contract with Boston does not allow him to just quit and then go coach Indiana. 

Just now, Dave from Dayton said:

Are helicopters flying around campus?   What do the Realtors say?  EFHutton? Car wash always has the good stuff!

All unnecessary.  Where is the first place you go when returning to Bloomington?

Have a guy at Nick's, Kilroy's, Mother Bears, and the Irish Lion, 90% one will be his first stop.

6 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Goodman has no scope on IU, he's complaining that it's "dead" on Georgia street in downtown Indy.  Were in a global pandemic ya goof not many people will be out and about.  

He should ask the NFL how the Super Bowl went when hosted here.  A$$hat=Goodman.  He is pissed he can’t find out anything about our coaching search. 

Edited by LookatthestonesonDolson

6 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Wish they would have elaborated more on why Stevens contract with Boston does not allow him to just quit and then go coach Indiana. 

They didn't because they are talking out their @$$

Just now, lillurk said:

If IU has to compensate the C’s to get Stevens out of his contract, it would help explain what Dolson meant in his presser when he said he had a second donor lined up for transition costs related to the new hire.

That is one part of the equation that gives me hope. 

If IU has to compensate the C’s to get Stevens out of his contract, it would help explain what Dolson meant in his presser when he said he had a second donor lined up for transition costs related to the new hire.
Is that common for an NBA coaching contract to have a buyout?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Uptown Cafe is good. 

+1 there were a TON of good places to eat in Bloomington. Honestly, the food selection was better there than anywhere else I have lived (and I have lived in several college towns and currently live in Cincinnati - the food is good here too, just more spread out).

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Is that common for an NBA coaching contract to have a buyout?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Not sure there’s a buyout per se but it could help the C’s decide not to haggle, see 0708’s post earlier about contract terms 

59 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We started discussing those hurdles with his beautiful agent back in late January, early February. So everything was written up exactly how they wanted. So there’s not really much to be done. This has been planned out and agreed upon.

And I was sceptical of the Dolson hire.

Couldn't have been more wrong and I'm good with that.