Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

56 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I still believe everything is good on our end. I think we’re just waiting for the Celtics to finish up their loose ends. Stay positive Hoosiers. 

It couldn't be lining up better to happen, with the Celtics starting to show cracks in player infighting on the sidelines, fan discontent, and uninspired play, this becomes an easy mutual parting sell.

Ainge gets his, "We would like to thank Brad, but it has been agreed to by both parties that it is time to move on ," soundbite.

Celtics end up with a $0 loss on the remaining contract.

Stevens gets to not have lied about "quiting" as Celtics coach and make the move that adds tons of job and financial security, along with all different angles of improved quality of life.

Just now, Treesh said:

I thought March Madness started today. I’m so disappointed. 

Hell I knew it didn't start today and I am still disappointed!

at least there are the First 4 games

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not going into complete detail of who I am and how I know things.  The Sampson buyout was completely different then what was in the contract because of his infractions so there’s that on that side.  My sources come from a few different levels in the AThletic Department.  I’ve missed on several recruits and been right on several more when thinking they were coming to IU.  On HSN i told them Archie was going to be fired and that the feelers were out out in January.  That’s all your going to get, if it’s good enough you are welcome, if not sorry about your luck. LOL

I’ll try not to read too much into the sarcasm. And I certainly didn’t expect a bio or a list of your sources (nor would I even want you to risk mentioning any names). So, thank you and that will do. I just wondered where your info may be coming from, considering it was a pretty absolute declaration and a whole slew of members were ecstatic by any news you were giving. Thanks again. I appreciate you. 

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Mile (Ken) was a great man that I never met other than just the message board messages.  Wish he was here to enjoy the future of IU because he was a true Hoosier!

He was my favorite poster on HSN (no offense to you, obviously).

I could see Ainge being a big hang up on this though just to be the jerk he is.  Hope not but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Come on now,, no back stepping. Last night we had him all wrapped up. Sounded like an absolute. Now sounds like a guess. I can’t do this again. 🥲

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Guessing this is a joke

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

It is most definitely a joke.

There is a zero percent chance Brad Stevens is just casually strolling around IU's campus right now lol

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Doesn’t seem to be like him in his previous tweets.  Maybe it is though.  I wouldn’t think he would be at IU right now

I 100% am sure its NOT a joke, Austin is the PBP guy for IUBase... I dont think he is one to BS lol

3 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

It couldn't be lining up better to happen, with the Celtics starting to show cracks in player infighting on the sidelines, fan discontent, and uninspired play, this becomes an easy mutual parting sell.

Ainge gets his, "We would like to thank Brad, but it has been agreed to by both parties that it is time to move on ," soundbite.

Celtics end up with a $0 loss on the remaining contract.

Stevens gets to not have lied about "quiting" as Celtics coach and make the move that adds tons of job and financial security, along with all different angles of improved quality of life.

Perhaps the most level-headed idea I’ve read.  Thank you.